Major Gifts Officer
McDaniel CollegeWestminster, MD
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for a Major Gifts Officer. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College guidebook for details. This is a full-time position with a hiring range of $63K-$65K.
The Major Gifts Officer has overall responsibility for the development and execution of a program to cultivate, solicit, and steward affinity groups, alumni, parents and friends to support the College. This includes family philanthropy and any special initiatives that may be identified by the College in collaboration with the Vice President and Associate Vice President of Institutional Advancement. The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for raising $700k – $900k annually (annual goal may be adjusted due to extenuating circumstances). They will also manage identified milestone reunion years and build reunion giving for identified reunions.
- Bachelor’s degree with three years or more of demonstrated success in fundraising or a similar field, preferably in an educational setting, required.
- Demonstrated success in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects preferred.
- Strong analytical and independent decision-making capability required.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment critical for success.
- The ability to develop and execute a new program and the determination necessary to grow that program required.
- Valid state driver’s license with two or less points and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- The ability to recruit, motivate, and direct volunteers required.
- Maturity, good judgement and the ability to hold confidences required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- The ability to balance concurrent tasks necessary.
- Strong computer skills and experience with business systems and social media strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in data-based systems and business software is essential; preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/NXT.
- Flexible and available for evening, weekend, or early morning events and meetings required.
- Ability to travel as needed to manage a prospect portfolio required.
For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please visit the college’s employment webpage. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will be open until filled.
McDaniel College is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the student body. McDaniel College, in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including protective hairstyle, race, religion, color, ancestry or national origin, disability, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status, or any other actual or perceived legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit mcdaniel.interviewexchange.com.