Holy Innocents' Episcopal SchoolSandy Springs, GA
Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School (HIES) is seeking an entry level Development Associate. HIES is the largest Episcopal Parish independent day school in the country, serving 1,360 students and offers a fully accredited college preparatory program for students aged three through 12th grade. Holy Innocents’ mission is to develop in students a love of learning, respect for self and others, faith in God, and a sense of service to the world community.
HIES is located north of downtown Atlanta, Georgia in Sandy Springs. The Development Associate reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and works closely with the entire Development team. This is a calendar year, full-time position. Full-time HIES employees enjoy benefits such as a competitive compensation package, health care coverage, retirement plan contributions and professional development opportunities.
The Development Associate will be responsible for working closely with the Director of Alumni Relations, the Director of Special Events and Community Engagement and the Annual Fund Director to support their initiatives. Under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Advancement, responsibilities include:
- Creates and manages social media content and strategy on alumni channels: Instagram, LinkedIn, Linktree and Facebook.
- Maintains alumni portions of the website and compiles alumni content for bi-annual Torchbearer magazine including Class notes.
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment and communications, meeting arrangements, and other logistics relating to alumni programs and events.
- Provide support to numerous events the Advancement Office manages, leads, and executes for the HIES community.
- Assist with event logistics, pre-event planning (including creating event invite lists, creation of nametags and invitations, etc.) day of tasks, post-event tasks, and manage internal team communication for respective events.
- Provides project management and logistics support to the Annual Fund Director and program to achieve overall goals related to The Golden Bear Annual Fund.
- Assists in the development and production of annual fund collateral, including editing copy and managing the processes associated with sending key digital annual giving communications.
- Partners with the Annual Fund Director to plan, implement, and report the progress of The Golden Bear Annual Fund Faculty & Staff Campaign; provide Faculty liaisons with ongoing support to engage them in their volunteer roles and ensure their success.
- Perform a variety of duties for the Advancement Office including printing meeting materials, serve as the first point of contact for incoming communications (emails, phone calls, etc.), entering information into Blackbaud, etc.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, as some evening and weekend work is required. Some travel is required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School or the Director of Institutional Advancement.
Required Education, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of fundraising experience, preferably in an educational institution or a non-profit organization.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a demonstrated ability to exercise sensitivity and good judgement in dealing with donors, staff, and the public.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Knowledge of GiveCampus preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in working with and motivating volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and interact positively with a wide range of individuals.
- Energy, initiative, integrity, sincerity, and the drive to succeed.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekend hours and to adjust to peak periods in the workflow.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
To apply for this job please visit www.hies.org.