Senior Associate Director of Institutional Advancement
Germantown AcademyFort Washington, PA
Germantown Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school located on a beautiful 126-acre campus in the Fort Washington suburbs near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school serves more than 1,200 students in grades PK-12. Founded in 1759, GA is America’s oldest non-sectarian day school with rich traditions and a strong commitment to ongoing innovation of curricular and pedagogical practices.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Senior Associate Director of Institutional Advancement will provide leadership support to all aspects of the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA). In addition to managerial oversight of the programs of annual giving and alumni engagement, this position is an integral member of a team of solicitors and is expected to manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors to the Academy.
- Assist the Director of Institutional Advancement with all aspects of the development and management of sophisticated fundraising and engagement programs and provide strategic direction and long-term/short-term planning for the maximization of philanthropic support.
- Manage the Director of Annual Giving in the elevation of GA’s annual giving program which includes elements such as a relationship management system and a reunioning giving program, and experiences fundraising growth with a landscape of additional giving vehicles such as campaigns and tax credit programs.
- Provide strategic support to the development of a comprehensive alumni engagement program to enhance opportunities for meaningful alumni involvement and maximize philanthropic support of the school.
- Manage two direct reports (Director of Alumni Relations and Director of Annual Giving, both of whom manage a direct report within their programs).
- Responsible for soliciting all types of philanthropic support for the institution; Annual Fund, restricted gifts, EITC/OSTC support, and capital and endowment gifts as part of larger campaigns.
- Actively manage a portfolio of 50+ prospects with the capacity to make major gifts of $25,000+ to Germantown Academy.
- Identify prospects and conduct regular face-to-face visits for the purposes cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Complete a monthly visit goal of a minimum of five visits for the initial year of employment.
- Oversee the fundraising of assigned reunion classes, specifically focusing on the personal solicitation of four+ figure prospects.
- Assist the Director of Institutional Advancement with additional projects as needed.
- Minimum of eight years of development experience. Experience in PreK-12 independent school is a plus.
- Experience supervising personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Committed to continuous learning to implement new approaches and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to communicate and work effectively with prospective donors and volunteers.
- Creative problem-solver and strong data analysis skills to define metrics and assess data to present informed decisions and recommendations.
- A strong understanding of giving, data, and technology platforms (i.e. Raisers’ Edge, Senior Systems)
- A self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of the Institutional Advancement team.
- The ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.germantownacademy.net.
- Next s