Assistant Director of Development
Fordham UniversityNew York, NY
Reporting to Senior Director of Development, the Assistant Director of Development (ADOD) is a key contributing member of the Fordham Fund team that helps to increase giving to the university’s most important priorities and/or to one of its constituent schools through personal solicitations and/or direct marketing strategies.
They develop fundraising strategy to support an assigned school’s top priorities and equips colleagues throughout the division to solicit prospective donors on the school’s behalf. Occasional travel, work on evenings and weekends, and a valid driver’s license are required.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement pursuant to University’s Hybrid/Remote Work Policy.
- Qualifies, cultivates, and solicits a portfolio of 125 Fordham alumni, parents and friends capable of making annual gifts of $1,000 or more, retaining and increasing giving from existing donors, and increasing the number of total dollars for the university and/or the assigned school.
- Develops a strong understanding of a specific school’s mission, strengths, and priorities in order to personally solicit donors and equip major and principal gift colleagues to solicit on the school’s behalf.
- Works directly with the Dean to create and execute broad based fundraising plans, builds connections with potential donors, and steers cultivation and ongoing relationships.
- Collaborates with the Fordham Fund and Marketing and Communications colleagues to develop compelling mail and email solicitations and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Records moves, asks, and outcomes including contact reports, rating and staffing changes, proposals, and gift commitments in the Fundraising Performance Management (CRM) system.
- Collaborates with colleagues throughout the Development and University Relations division to ensure effective, efficient, and coordinated fundraising strategies and assist, where needed, in reunions, Homecoming, and other important university-wide special events.
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, liberal arts, communications or related field.
- Minimum four years of experience in development, demonstrating a successful track record in solicitation efforts.
Required Qualifications: Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence necessary to engage in face-to-face and/or phone solicitations.
- Ability to set objectives and performance standards, provide constructive feedback, and achieve established program goals.
- Experience working effectively in a complex higher education setting, developing and sustaining productive and effective relationships with alumni, donors, faculty, parents, volunteers, colleagues, and senior leadership.
- Ability to inspire, generate excitement, shared purpose, and action; excellent communication skills (both written and oral), while also being a good listener.
- Positive and creative manner of approaching issues; strong analytical skills and professional judgment; personal comportment consistent with DAUR’s core values.
- Willing to travel and work evenings, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit education as well as those of the Graduate Schools of Education and Social Service.
Minimum Starting Salary: $80,000
Maximum Starting Salary: $90,000
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fordham.edu.