Director of Annual Giving
Dean CollegeFranklin, MA
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations. A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning. Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
Recognized as a Top Regional College by U.S. News & World Report for eleven consecutive years and named a College of Distinction for five consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 400 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor’s and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies, EMT and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 87 percent of the College’s student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on hands-on engagement and exceptional teaching. This community-wide commitment of always going the extra mile for students is known as The Dean Difference. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor’s degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
What is The Dean Difference?
The Dean Difference isn’t any one thing. It’s not a program or a professor. It’s not a single class or a club. It’s the way our academics support networks and community overlap, interweave and magnify each other. Our difference unites us. It’s our secret formula. It’s the nucleus around which we orbit. It isn’t one thing, it’s everything
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for developing a comprehensive fundraising program to achieve Annual Fund goals – both dollar and giving participation. Specifically responsible for all annual fundraising efforts, including direct mail, e-mail solicitations, athletic fundraising, faculty, staff and student giving. Director co-manages the Assistant Director of Institutional Advancement.
This person will also have a specific pool of alumni, parent, and friend prospects. Will contact, cultivate, solicit and steward this list of prospects.
Must be an advocate for the College and representative of the College and its mission in the day-to-day working environment and at College events.
- Co-oversight of Assistant Director, Institutional Advancement
- Oversight of all mail, email and digital ad appeals – including writing letters, extracting and manipulating data from Raiser’s Edge, and working with vendors from the initial quote to job completion for appeals
- Lead the comprehensive annual Giving Days campaign
- Oversee Assistant Director’s management of phonathon calling program
- Carry a portfolio of leadership giving prospects.
- Initiates strategies to engage for further cultivation, solicit for targeted campaigns, or highlight potential leadership giving
- Ensure successful promotion and engagement of fundraising on social media.
- Oversee athletic appeals (mail, phone, and e-mail) to offset team operating expenses
- Lead faculty and staff giving campaigns
- Oversee Assistant Director’s management of the Grads Give student giving program
- Review reports from Raiser’s Edge to evaluate mail and phone performance and make recommendations on necessary changes, improvements, and new strategies
- Ensures state fundraising registrations are filed annually
- Oversee Giving Societies
- Oversee all IA marketing and communications:
- Design IA marketing materials, invites, etc., for print and email
- Create online forms for giving and event registration
- Send out emails through Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT and ConstantContact email marketing system
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree required and five years of fundraising experience, preferably in higher education necessary.
- Proficient knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT, Constant Contact, social media platforms, Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent communication, writing, creative, and organizational skills are required.
- The ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) with alumni, parents and friends of the College is essential. Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet short deadlines in accordance with the Annual Fund Operating Plan.
- Displays the ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team. Displays the ability to use discretion and has the ability to handle confidential information.
- Covid-19 Vaccination and Booster Shot, Required
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
To apply for this job please visit dean.interviewexchange.com.