Assistant Director, Annual Giving (Data Analysis & Operations)
Carnegie Mellon UniversityPittsburgh, PA
Carnegie Mellon is enjoying its most productive fundraising years in its history, raising more than $950M over the last three years. University Advancement (UA) supports the entire CMU community in building relationships with key constituencies and securing the financial resources the university needs to continue its ascent. As the division grows, we are seeking an assistant director, Annual Giving (Data Analysis and Operations). This is an exciting opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. Reporting to the associate director, Annual Giving (Data Analysis and Operations), you will be responsible for compiling and ensuring the accuracy of data for audience segmentation for direct mail, email and other solicitations, as well as for program reporting and analysis. In collaboration with Annual Giving and University Advancement colleagues, you will contribute to the evaluation of programs, including managing and analyzing donor data to develop strategies and tactics to increase gifts.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and managing Annual Giving’s internal data segmentation tools – Advance and Salesforce – including actual data extracts and review of data for accuracy.
- Coordinating with team members to support Annual Giving data needs as required.
- Working with Associate Director to maintain and adapt all key solicitation project timelines based on donor response and team needs.
- Monitoring data for integrity of information, working collaboratively with departments across the university to ensure proper categorization of donor records.
- Collaborating with Information Systems team to maintain database functionality and accurate data pulls and report results.
- Analyzing past and current efforts to develop strategies and tactics to increase donations; tracks fundraising implementation plan progress and final results.
- Tracking real-time results of ongoing events like Giving Tuesday and other giving events.
- Keeping current on programs, faculty, research, and student initiatives at the university. Networking with faculty, deans, advancement staff and college liaisons when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Passion, excellence and flexibility are vital qualities within University Advancement. A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; collaboration; and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- The ability to:
- interact effectively within the University Advancement division, as well as with other members of the campus community and external constituents
- handle confidential donor information and make good decisions regarding use of such information
- communicate with prospects/donors in an appropriate manner in written, oral, and personal communication
- maintain composure when dealing with difficult situations and/or individuals
- work under pressure and with frequent interruptions; meet deadlines
- pay close attention to detail
- keep and maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
- prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- understand and follow directions
- effective organization skills
- superb analytical and problem-solving skills
You should be able to travel domestically and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- One to three years of annual fund or related experience; prior experience with a university and/or non-profit donor retention program preferred; prior experience with Salesforce is ideal
- Knowledge of the principles of fundraising, donor acquisition and donor retention
- Familiarity with and comfort working within Salesforce or similar database
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and successfully complete a driver’s license verification on an annual basis. Must complete the National Safety Council Defensive Driver Training once every three years
- Successful background check
CMU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university’s current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance
To apply for this job please visit cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.