Class Giving Associate
Brown UniversityProvidence, RI
The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to assist in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Brown Annual Fund prospects and volunteers. This individual provides direct support to volunteer committees and works directly with an Associate Director and Class Giving Officer, collaborating as necessary, with other members of the Annual Giving and Advancement teams.
Brown University is committed to advancing diversity, inclusion and equity. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Brown University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a related field such as support, customer relations, development, etc.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, electronic mail and calendars, and Google suite products that support high-level fundraising.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a higher education or non-profit setting.
- Experience with database tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), including experience/ability to identify and emphasize diverse perspectives in programming, communications, and strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a “self-starter”, with the ability to work independently and also as a member of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proofreading ability
- Comfort communicating with various University constituencies.
- Creativity, motivation, and superior problem-solving skills.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown. Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 37.5
Position Classification: Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.
To apply for this job please visit brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.