Assistant Director, Regional Engagement
Baylor UniversityWaco, TX
We are seeking a dynamic individual to serve as Assistant Director of Regional Engagement, focusing on engagement and philanthropy for the eastern half of the United States. This position is essential to enhancing the University brand nationally and executing regional strategies developed by Advancement. The position will serve as a primary contact point for the eastern US and will require regular travel to each key market. This position is part of the Baylor Alumni Team and will report to the Senior Director, National Engagement.
The Assistant Director of Regional Engagement is responsible for building relationships and regularly engaging members of the Baylor Family within an assigned territory. This includes developing a market calendar in collaboration with campus partners and key market constituents; expanding the volunteer presence in the assigned regions; and soliciting alumni, parents and friends.
The successful candidate will be asked to manage their portion of the National Engagement travel/programming budget in collaboration with the Senior Director. Using wise financial discretion and complying with University travel policies is required.
The ideal candidate will be based in one of our of key eastern United States markets (Nashville, Atlanta, Washington DC, Orlando/Central Florida, etc.), or will be based in Central Texas. We will evaluate and consider other eastern locations on a case by case basis.
A Bachelor’s Degree, up to one year of relevant experience and an active Christian faith is required. Three years of experience is preferred.
A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
A valid US Driver License with a clear driving record of at least two years is required.
Must be able to travel out of the state of Texas. Must be able to travel to Waco for departmental functions at a minimum of quarterly if not living in Waco.
All applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
- Establish, facilitate and grow the Baylor presence within assigned regional markets, with a specific emphasis on determining the best cadence for programming and engagement opportunities throughout the academic year.
- Recruit, train and retain volunteer leaders both at the local level in assigned markets, and for the Alumni Regional Council (ARC).
- Manage a portfolio of Baylor constituents (alumni, parents, friends, etc.) for the purpose of building and maintaining relationships. Metrics measuring the growth of an engagement and philanthropic pipeline include substantive contacts, volunteers managed, gifts closed and dollars raised.
- Work with all Advancement team members, including Advancement Marketing & Communication to determine a cadence that utilizes email, social media, etc., as well as personalized communication (phone calls, emails, texts) to regularly engage the assigned markets.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission
- Ability to comply with University policies
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to https://www.baylor.edu/hr/index.php?id=949184
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylor’s commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.