Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving
Baylor UniversityWaco, TX
The Assistant Director of Leadership & Annual Giving (1) is a frontline development officer who qualifies and personally solicits gifts. In this role, the Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving develops donor-centric strategies designed to retain and upgrade mid-level donors while building a pipeline of engaged individuals interested in advancing school, college and unit initiatives.
A Bachelor’s Degree, three years of relevant experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A Master’s Degree and five years of relevant experience are preferred. Experience will not be considered in lieu of the educational requirement. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Broad knowledge of fundraising
- Experience in soliciting gifts including cold calls
- Ability to inspire and share stories of impact verbally
- Emotional intelligence when engaging with donors
- Cultivate and develop meaningful relationships
- Show discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information regarding constituents and division matters
- Results oriented and an ability to utilize the data to inform future strategies
- Well Organized and detailed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic anchored with honesty and integrity
- Collaborative, team player
- Willingness to travel
- Must have a current driver’s license and a good driving record
- Understand and adhere to the mission of Baylor University
- Previous experience in higher education
- Demonstrate dedication, initiative, and innovative thinking
- Flexibility and willingness to assist in meeting demands during periods of high stress
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new software
What You Will Do
The Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving is a front-line development officer who qualifies and personally solicits gifts from $1,000 – $49,999. The Assistant Director will collaboratively plan and implement strategies to create a meaningful donor experience through:
- Maintaining meaningful relationships with mid-level and high-capacity prospects
- Soliciting prospects through personal visits and tailored outreach
- Retaining and upgrading existing donors to thoughtfully move them through the pipeline
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.