Assistant Director, Annual Giving
American UniversityWashington, D.C.
The Assistant Director, Annual Giving is responsible for the implementation of the direct marketing calendar, including direct mail, e-mail, and social media. The Assistant Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conceptualizing, writing, and editing solicitations and annual giving stewardship messages/campaigns for direct mail, email, and social media; managing direct mail, email, and social media projects with vendors and internal constituents from concept to completion; requesting and preparing data for mailing lists; and analyzing results and reporting on progress of appeals.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Annual Giving to implement the overall direct marketing solicitation calendar. Work directly with vendors to design and execute appeals and work with information services to request and segment the data required.
- Develop annual giving level stewardship collateral highlighting the impact of giving, as well as for specific fundraising purposes such as giving days, project-based campaigns, and events.
- Support, collaborate, and implement key Direct Marketing Team projects such as AU Giving Day, Giving Tuesday, Graduate Giving and Faculty/Staff campaigns.
- Work in Engaging Networks and with alumni communications colleagues to build, schedule, and evaluate solicitation emails.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the overall activities of the division of Development and Alumni Relations.
May supervise 1 student worker.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time, 35 hours/week.
- Commensurate with experience.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
1-3 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
2-4 years of relevant experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Experience with CRM databases, HTML, Engaging Networks or other marketing software, Canva, InDesign, and Microsoft Excel.
Excellent communication skills including effective and persuasive writing and editing skills, and interpersonal relationship-building skills.
Experience with direct marketing, specifically mail and email.
Experience working and managing projects with a mail house.
Ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
A willingness to work occasional evening or weekend hours as needed.
To apply for this job please visit careers.american.edu.