Assistant Director for the Student Philanthropy Center and Adelphi Fund
Adelphi UniversityGarden City, NY
The Adelphi Fund Program is seeking an energetic, motivated individual who is passionate about giving back and working with college students.
Help launch the University’s new Student Philanthropy Center.
Recruit, train and lead students in fundraising for Adelphi. Create inspiring campaigns to reach constituents through phone calls, text messages, emails and mail. Manage students in soliciting alumni and donors for the Adelphi Fund and other areas of campus.
The Assistant Director will have a comprehensive understanding of Adelphi University’s overall objectives and translate them into compelling stories and marketing strategies for the Adelphi Fund program.
As a member of the Adelphi Fund Team, the Assistant Director will assist in the engagement, qualification, solicitation and stewardship of annual donors and assist in planning and executing the University’s signature fundraising events such as the annual President’s Gala, Golf Classic and Giving Day.
Performance will be measured by the number of donors, dollars raised, pledge fulfillment rates and contact rates and other metrics which demonstrates an increased awareness about the importance of giving back to Adelphi.
Reports to: Director of Adelphi Fund
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Recruit, train, script and manage Adelphi student workers in conducting outreach and solicitation of annual donations from alumni, donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication plans that align with Advancement and External Relations strategies of fundraising and engagement to support the University’s overarching goals.
- In collaboration with Advancement Services segment and pull constituent data lists for all Adelphi Fund outreach.
- Manage Student Philanthropy Center receipting and pledge reminders to maximize fulfillment rates.
- Respond to questions and complaints from constituents that come through the Center in a timely manner.
- With Advancement and External Relations staff, identify key conversations and constituents to move up the pipeline.
- Develop Student Philanthropy Center performance reports and deliver them regularly.
- Regularly evaluate software and technology needs to stay in line with current industry trends.
- Service as point of contact for Information Technology, Public Safety and other campus partners for the Student Philanthropy Center.
- Solicit annual gifts to engage new donors, renew past donors and upgrade current donors through personal outreach and direct marketing appeals. Inquire if the individual has Adelphi University in their estate plans and assess the individual for major gift, volunteer, mentoring, internship, hosting special event capacity.
- In collaboration with Donor Relations, assist in establishing a solicitation and stewardship program for segmented constituencies such as Giving Society members, Parents and Families, first time donors and recent alumni.
- In collaboration with Donor Relations, create and manage the stewardship of Adelphi Fund donors with the goal of renewing and increasing the support of donors in subsequent years.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Requirements: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Strong knowledge of fundraising or marketing practices.
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing, project and time management skills required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing, communication and fundraising, including the implementation of multi-mediums in a fundraising environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage projects with limited direction.
- Skill in coordinating projections from the conceptual through the implementation stages.
- Ability to work as part of a team and as a team leader to build consensus, anticipate problems and difficult situations, and develop strategies to bring the parties involved to a mutually agreed upon solution.
- Ability to analyze problems, situations or procedures to define objectives and implement programs.
- Detailed knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation to compose, proofread, and edit business correspondence, reports and other written materials.
- Solid writing experience for web and print preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience in fields such as nonprofit management, development, alumni relations, fundraising activities, digital marketing, social media and digital media promotions, or similar is required.
- Experience working in multiple types of businesses and universities in fundraising, call centers and annual giving is preferable.
- Student employees
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 7,500 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students 75 undergraduate programs, more than 70 master’s degree and doctoral programs, and 55 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 118,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 44 states and 65 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s