Donor Engagement Officer
Salem State UniversitySalem, MA
Advancement is seeking a donor engagement officer (DEO) to help define a donor engagement and retention strategy for the Salem State University annual fund. The DEO is a frontline fundraising position responsible for enhancing donor engagement and securing philanthropic support for Salem State through personal outreach. Utilizing creative communications and data-driven analysis, the DEO will maximize information to engage new donors, renew past donors and upgrade current donors. As a new position, on a growing advancement team, the perfect candidate must be innovative and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset. The DEO must be a goal-oriented multi-tasker who enjoys building relationships.
The Advancement Team’s core purpose is to provide meaningful engagement to secure resources in support of the university’s mission. Our team members are driven by our desire to match donor passion with university priorities. We value innovation and positivity in a supportive and collaborative environment. We provide strategic and consistent professional development to enhance each team members’ personal growth. This position offers the right individual an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team who raised a record-breaking $17+ million in fiscal year 2022-2023. As we embark on the largest campaign in Massachusetts state university history, we are looking for talented team members who are passionate about providing equal access to high quality education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage annual giving retention, including monitoring of retention dashboards and reports, and work with gift officers to ensure goals are being met.
- Execute daily actions with donors and prospects including connecting as much as possible virtually for one-to-one visits, emails and phone, providing meaningful touchpoints.
- Leverage technology including but not limited to: Raisers Edge, Evertrue, text to give platform, social media channels, crowdfunding and other virtual communication tools to identify, qualify, and solicit prospective donors and retain current donors; and partner with others on special fundraising efforts to advance the solicitation strategy and promote leadership giving.
- Lead the effort in marketing, launching, managing, testing, and measuring digital fundraising campaigns including the #GivingTuesday campaign, Viking Warrior Day and other advancement wide fundraising efforts.
- Manage Salem State crowdfunding program that extends the annual giving program to greater audiences and funding opportunities, collaborating with university campus partners to identify, promote, build, and expand current entrepreneurial fundraising. Over five years, crowdfunding has secured more than $175,000 in support of campus wide initiatives.
- Creates content that clearly articulates the Salem State brand to all constituencies and ensures that brand and style guide are in alignment with the university’s brand.
- Associate degree
- One to three years of experience in customer relations or donor engagement, sales, customer retention, fundraising and/or loyalty programs or transferable retail sales role. Non-profit development or higher education experience is a plus
- Digital and social media expertise and experience, as it relates to engagement, stewardship, sales, or related fields
- Experience with Raisers Edge and/or Evertrue platforms
- Experience in front line customer service, preferably in an advancement or higher education environment
This is a hybrid position with on-site, in-person responsibilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5-10 pounds.
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. For accommodation information or requests please email [email protected].
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university.
This position is not eligible for H1B visa sponsorship.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers-salemstate.icims.com.
- Next s