Director of Advancement, Rome School of Music, Drama, and Art
The Catholic University of AmericaWashington, D.C.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of University Advancement and to the Dean of the Rome School, the Director of Advancement will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of major gift prospects for the Rome School. S/he will serve as a member of the Rome School Advancement team within the division of University Advancement. His/her primary focus will be to solicit and close major gifts (defined as gifts of $50,000 and higher) for the benefit of the Rome School. The position collaborates closely with the central University Advancement team, which provides resources and strategic counsel, and uniform metrics to help drive results within the schools and across the University. The Director also participates in the collaborative effort in building alumni engagement and communicating the School’s mission, vision, and achievements to key donor, alumni, and additional external constituencies. With the Associate Vice President University Advancement and the Dean of the Rome School, he/she participates in setting annual and long-term philanthropic strategy for the Rome School, and helps to organize and set the School’s philanthropic priorities in order to maximize external support.
- Build, grow, and manage a portfolio of approximately 125 major gift prospects based on new and past donors including Rome School Alumni. Major gift prospects are defined as having the capacity to make a $50,000 or higher commitment to the Rome School. The Director of Advancement will be expected to conduct at least 100 prospect visits annually, soliciting and closing 15-25 major gifts and qualifying the same number of new major prospects each year. While yearly gift revenue goals will vary, the Director must build upon a program that currently generates mid-6-figure revenue annually, to achieve the aspiration of a seven-figure program by the end of the campaign.
- Collaborate with the Associate Vice President to develop an annual work plan, consistent with prescribed practice in the Division of University Advancement. The workplan will include a personal fundraising goal, goals for number of new major gift prospects identified, number of major gift and annual fund solicitations and number of prospect visits sufficient to meet established fundraising targets.
- Work closely with the Leadership and Annual Giving to identify and cultivate major gift prospects that are identified through the Rome School Annual Giving Program.
- Collaborate with, and successfully guide academic partners through the major gift prospect development process; supporting them in building lasting and productive donor relationships.
- Build and maintain volunteer leadership alumni or external constituencies key to the School’s fundraising success. Help the Associate Vice President and the Dean of the Rome School with the management of, and recruitment for, the Board of Visitors.
- Direct the school efforts in planning, executing and marketing events and special initiatives aimed at cultivating donors, engaging alumni, and enhancing the visibility and reputation of the school.
Bachelor’s degree required and at least four (4) years of professional experience with 3 of those in major gift fundraising, including personal solicitations with a documented record of productivity. Higher Education Experience is preferred.
Skill in using development-related database systems. Possession of current and valid U.S. driver’s license appropriate to the type of university vehicle and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Driving Record (MVR) as stipulated in the Vehicle Guidelines and Procedures Manual administered through the office of Environmental Health and Safety. Annual clearance of MVR check through the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s