Prospect Management Consultant
Washington University in St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
If you are motivated by strategic insight, teamwork, predictable work hours, and helping others develop and succeed, this could be a great next step for your career in advancement. The role of Prospect Management Consultant is an exciting opportunity for an early to mid-career professional who wants to be a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about building relationships and working cross-functionally with other constituents to provide strategic, data-driven guidance to gift officers on how to approach prospects and manage their fundraising processes. This position works with no more than 20 gift officers and is responsible for implementing centralized processes for prospect development including moves management, strategy development, pipeline development, and collaborates with a team of researchers and data analytic professionals.
This position is a full-time, benefits-eligible role on campus with an optional hybrid work schedule. The Prospect Management Consultant will report to the Senior Associate Director of Prospect Management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide critical support in management, maintenance, and integrity of prospect data Excel and CRM.
- Liaise with prospect research team members as needed to deliver key information about managed prospects while building a broad and deep understanding of fundraising metrics to provide the information that supports the management of prospects through the development cycle.
- Serve as a key advisor to gift oﬃcers in the creation, implementation, and management of the prospect management policy and business processes.
- Regularly monitor fundraising activity/progress for continuity and compliance with the Prospect Management Guidelines.
- In collaboration with Data Analytics, ensure that the best prospects are actively managed by front line fundraisers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a prospect development, research, or prospect management function in a fundraising, nonprofit, or higher-education setting.
- Prior use and familiarity with Microsoft Office, with advanced proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with constituent databases (CRM systems/alumni and donor databases).
- Experience as a frontline fundraiser.
- Experience managing data.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to train/coach clients on complex concepts and business practices.
- Ability to compile, report, and analyze information from diverse sources.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and conceive strategic solutions.
- Ability to maintain conﬁdentiality and use good judgement when working with sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years of related experience.
Grade : G12
Salary Range: $57,300.00 – $97,700.00 / Annually
To apply for this job please visit wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.