Associate Director of Annual Giving
Winona State UniversityWinona, MN
Reporting to the Vice President of University Advancement, the Associate Director of Annual Giving will develop and manage a comprehensive annual program that will retain positive relationships with graduating students and alumni to encourage their continued financial support of the University and active participation in alumni affairs. In addition, the position will be responsible for organizing and directing all aspects of the Annual Fund campaign.
Responsibilities and Results:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual giving plan and calendar. This will include building a student, parent and faculty and staff fund and annual fund. The plan will cover a variety of solicitation methods, including direct mail, e-communications and other creative uses of technology to increase total annual donations and gift revenue from alumni, parents, faculty/staff, friends and other segments.
- Priority: Essential Percent of Time: 50
- Collaborate across University Advancement division. Work closely with Advancement Services and the Marketing and Communication Department to direct a variety of solicitation methods, including direct mail, e-communications and other creative uses of technology to increase total annual donations and gift revenue from alumni, parents, faculty/staff, friends and other segments.
- Priority: Essential Percent of Time: 25
- Lead the Assistant Director of Annual Fund position. Create and maintain a department culture committed to professional development, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- Priority: Essential Percent of Time: 15
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of Winona State University. Employee will pursue professional development by attending appropriate training and related professional memberships and conferences.
- Priority: Secondary Percent of Time: 10
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (2) years of experience in fundraising, annual giving, marketing, outside sales, or event management
- Experience managing projects and monitoring budgets
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and organizing data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to proactively initiate and build positive relationships with diverse populations
- Ability to communicate a strong affinity for the University, its mission, vision, and goals.
- Master’s Degree
- Two (2) years of experience in Annual Fund Fundraising
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool or database
- Experience in higher education or a non-profit organization
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) certification
To apply for this job please visit winona.peopleadmin.com.