Director of Development for Annual Giving
Whatcom Community CollegeBellingham, WA
Whatcom Community College invites candidates to apply to for the Director of Development for Annual Giving position. Working under the direction of management, this role is responsible for planning and implementing the annual giving program, which includes leading year-round solicitations and campaigns to diverse constituents to identify, qualify and solicit donors. This position develops strategies and campaigns (giving for alumni, faculty, staff, retirees, community friends, etc.) to secure contributions and manages stewardship of annual donors in recognizing their support.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes an annual giving solicitation plan for the fiscal year that includes fundraising strategies aimed at donors and prospects (alumni, employees, retirees, volunteer leadership, community friends, & corporations) with the capacity to make gifts of up to $25,000.
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors and prospects through targeted appeals and campaigns, individual meetings, and written appeals.
- Manages a portfolio of annual giving prospects and helps qualify prospective major donors.
- Devises appropriate next steps for leadership annual giving prospects which may include personally soliciting a gift, personalized engagement, or recommending the Executive Director cultivate the relationship.
- Manages and serves as the contact for all annual giving campaigns and stewardship activities and events.
- Works with donors and Whatcom Community College programs in designating gifts such as memorial/honorary gifts, student scholarships, sponsorships and special project or program initiatives. Plans and oversees annual giving cultivation activities and stewardship events.
- Works with the Director for Communications and Marketing to develop marketing plans for donor acquisitions and renewals through e-solicitations and direct mail. This includes writing and editing appeal content and overseeing mailing procedures.
- Participates in developing communication strategies content edits for internal and external audiences on the Foundation website and social media around annual giving activity.
- Analyze data to identify donor data for appeals and special projects, report on and track campaigns, and generate reports.
- Monitor data trends in annual donor activities to build and maintain donor retention and donor database.
- Serves as an active and collaborative team member in College Advancement, which includes participating in appropriate College and Foundation events and responding to inquiries/requests for fundraising support from college programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of demonstrated professional fundraising experience and success in annual or major giving programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with exceptional Excel skills.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Exceptional proficiency in using standard software programs (Google Suite) and fundraising databases, including utilizing database reports.
- Background in donor management systems.
- Excellent writing, planning, organizational, and prioritization skills with a focus on details and accuracy.
- Utilizing data and assessment outcomes for for strategic planning, communication and making continuous improvements for programs and services.
Salary and Appointment: This is a full-time Administrative/Exempt position. Exempt from Washington State civil service law with an annual salary based on a range of $80,000.00 – $82,500.00.
Forty hours is a standard full-time work week.
Shift and Working Conditions: Position’s shift is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with occasional evening or weekend events. Indoor office environment with many interruptions and deadlines. May have extended hours sitting at the workstation. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Benefit Package: The position comes with a full benefit package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
Accrues 8 hours per month of sick leave and 14.67 hours per month vacation leave.
*Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher education institution, WCC offers the following:
Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). If you work for the College full time, have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC courses.
Full-time employees may qualify for Washington State Paid Family Medical Leave (PFML) benefit.
Start Date: As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
Application Due Date: For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received by Monday, November 6th, 2023 at 5:00 pm. Position open until filled.
How To Apply
A completed application consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement that demonstrates a commitment to pluralism and the ability to support a diverse workplace and educational environment.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial transcripts for all earned degrees; official transcripts are required prior to the official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact information.
To apply for this job please visit www.whatcom.edu.