Director Alumni Relations, CNRE
Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA
The Director of Alumni Relations will serve as the chief engagement officer in the College of Natural Resources and Environment (CNRE). This position will be primarily responsible for providing leadership, stewardship and guidance for CNRE’s engagement efforts with alumni, donors and friends to ultimately increase constituent engagement and philanthropic support for the college.
Additionally, the director will collaboratively further Virginia Tech’s overall engagement and institutional advancement goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for planning, promoting, executing, and evaluating alumni engagement programs, projects, and events for the college.
- In collaboration with the college’s Director of Communications, the director will strategize and implement targeted alumni communication efforts for CNRE
- In collaboration with the Dean, the Assistant Dean for Advancement, and department chair persons, the director will provide leadership, stewardship, and logistical support for all college and departmental advisory boards and committees
- This work may include the identification of potential board members, organizing retreats, meetings, trainings, and guiding communications specific to this constituency with a focus on diversifying membership
- The director will be a key contributor to the college’s fundraising efforts by actively identifying, engaging, and cultivating constituents who have the capacity and inclination for philanthropic support
- This position jointly reports to the Assistant Dean for Advancement in the College of Natural Resources and Environment and the Associate Vice President for Alumni Relations in university advancement
Virginia Tech is an EOE employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.