Data Quality Assurance Specialist
Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA
The Data Quality Assurance Specialist position in Virginia Tech is a key partner in managing the quality assurance and data integrity of a best-in-class direct response fundraising program. The Data Quality Assurance Specialist will ensure the quality of data assets and perform data validation on marketing efforts, queries, export data files, digital proofs and email lists of records in the Advancement database for use in omni channel marketing campaigns. This position will also be responsible for compiling, updating and submitting merchandise fulfillment files to our vendors. Communicates directly with constituents in response to requests and inquiries regarding shipment status updates and verification of biographical information accurately, promptly, and courteously. Works closely with the Fundraising Data Specialist to identify data trends, gaps, and opportunities to ensure data best practices, confirm data quality and conformance to specifications and deliverables. Provides updates on constituent email and communication preferences in addition to other levels of data hygiene while maintaining University FERPA and data management policies. This role is at the center of the team and should be a solutions-oriented colleague ready to jump in, ask questions, and translate business questions into actionable insights in order to ensure the quality of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience with computer functions such as data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, email and internet navigation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of speed and accuracy, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator and curious problem-solver across individuals and teams
- Desire to work collaboratively in a high volume, customer service environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or previous administrative or programmatic support experience in an academic or professional environment.
- Experience with importing, exporting, and manipulating data using Microsoft Word and Excel; demonstrated experience working with large relational databases.
- Experience in higher education, nonprofits, fundraising, or marketing.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.
- Next s