Assistant Director Regional Engagement
Virginia TechBlacksburg, VA
Reporting to the Director of Chapter and Regional Engagement, the Assistant Director manages engagement programs to increase alumni engagement for a targeted audience in key markets through alumni and student programming and events, special interest groups, volunteer programs, affinity programs, and online services. Across the team, these officers build relationships that focus on engagement, volunteerism, and donors at the annual-giving level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Director of Regional Engagement advises and provides administrative support to approximately 30 alumni chapters in areas across the US and internationally
- Coordinates specific Alumni Relations chapter programs including Student Sendoffs, the Big Event, football game watching parties, etc.
- Plans and coordinates Alumni Relations professional networking events in selected areas
- Provides support for individual alumni events as needed
- Cultivates and assists with student scholarship fundraising
- Manages and assists with alumni chapter scholarship processes, promotion, and awarding
- Promotes donor annual giving initiatives
- Advises alumni volunteers and staff on Virginia Tech inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Plans and assists with chapter officer training and volunteer management, including hosting monthly live webinars and yearly conferences
- Cultivates and manages relationships with volunteers, board, chapter, and affinity alumni organizations
- Develops program relationship both within the division, and other campus offices/schools/divisions
- May represent the program off campus and manage the integration of activities with other initiatives
- This position will require overnight travel on a regular basis
Virginia Tech is an EOE employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.