Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Volunteer & Reunion Programs
Vassar CollegePoughkeepsie, NY
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar stands upon the homelands of the Munsee Lenape.Vassar College is deeply committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for difference. The College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and especially welcomes applications from veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of racial, ethnic, and other historically underrepresented groups.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar has launched its ambitious and historic $500 million comprehensive campaign that will deepen our investment in financial aid and student life, expand research opportunities for our world-class faculty, and provide critical support for curricular innovation, racial justice and community engagement, environmental sustainability, admissions and career education. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team that is charged with growing Vassar’s participation and raising $71 million across our five-year campaign.
We seek someone who shares a strong affinity for Vassar’s mission and its commitment to equity, inclusion and belonging. We welcome applications from candidates who have experience within and beyond higher education. Vassar currently has a remote work policy that some applicants may find attractive. For more information, click here.
As a strategic member of the Annual Giving team, the Assistant Director will play an important role in co-managing an annual giving volunteer program that includes personalized cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of fundraising volunteers in both annual giving and reunion giving programs. This position will report to the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Volunteer & Reunion Programs.
Our alumni volunteers are wonderful, passionate supporters of the College and high-priority donor prospects. A key responsibility for this position will be to identify new volunteer prospects who can increase peer-to-peer donor engagement within their classes with specific focus on reunion years. The Assistant Director will also manage a portfolio of volunteer donors.
- Manage 20-25 classes of volunteers, including 4-5 reunion classes.
- Maintain access to a volunteer management system/platform.
- Demonstrate to volunteers the impact of their giving. Provide information on college developments and programs relative to their interests. Share upcoming opportunities to attend events, volunteer, participate in Vassar clubs, Alumnae/i Association activities/services, or otherwise deepen their engagement with the College.
- Solicit volunteers to renew, give monthly and/or upgrade. Promote philanthropic opportunities, such as college giving priorities, crowdfunding projects like Generation Vassar, etc.
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of the college, such as admissions, athletics, the arts, etc.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Annual Giving team, Advancement Communications, et al. as part of a comprehensive multi-channel marketing program, including direct mail, email, social media and telefund channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of professional experience in direct sales, fundraising or marketing; higher education fundraising experience preferred. Education and experience equivalencies will be considered.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with people of diverse interests and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and advance relationships strategically and proactively.• Personal capacity to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- A proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases and data-reporting tools is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- A good sense of humor, empathy, flexibility, and drive.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s