Associate Director of Annual Giving
University of the PacificStockton, CA
If you are someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to thrive in a role where you’ll learn all facets of annual giving, be empowered to lead programs, and assess outcomes, this position is for you!
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Annual Giving plays a key role in the university’s comprehensive annual giving program focused on shaping sustainable growth in undergrad participation and annual operational support. This position conducts development activities within a team structure and collaborates extensively with colleagues across campus in the best interest of university donors and prospects.
The University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked comprehensive university in Stockton, California, and the state’s first chartered institution of higher learning. Established in 1851, Pacific has nearly 6,300 students and 10 schools and colleges across three campuses in northern California. Pacific’s mission is to provide a superior, student-centered learning experience integrating liberal arts and professional education and preparing individuals for lasting achievement and responsible leadership in their careers and communities.
Pacific’s six core values align with themes of character, community, and excellence. It welcomes a person who shares its values and a common belief that through its work, it is contributing to something greater than ourselves.
The skills that will help you be successful as the Associate Director of Annual Giving:
- Commit to excellence, professional development and personal growth, especially around the areas of leadership, diversity, equity, and inclusion. You thrive on learning and continuously developing your skills and knowledge.
- Dedicated to a “customer service” focused attitude. You believe helping others helps you succeed in your role and in your journey to become a better leader.
- Being detail oriented and managing multiple projects is natural to you. You understand the importance of double-checking content and lists and recognize the critical benefit to follow-up with others.
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, donors and contacts on and off campus. You consider them your partner in achieving objectives and goals.
- You recognize the importance of receiving and sharing feedback and value team contributions and respect of differing viewpoints. You are committed to team success.
- Propensity to think out of the box on solicitation strategies; you take initiative to think differently and understand the need to follow through with your tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- High comfort level with data, data analysis and database software. You want to understand past trends, you want to compare your outcomes and you want to know why a strategy worked well or didn’t.
We are looking for individuals who are creative and motivated and bring a diversity of experiences, talents, and viewpoints. If you think you can’t check off every box on the job description, but are confident you can contribute to our efforts, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Inquiries and nominations may be directed to:
Assistant Vice President of Annual Giving
University of the Pacific
To apply for this job please visit pacific.peopleadmin.com.