Assistant Director of Annual Giving
University of the PacificStockton, CA
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving plays a key role in the university’s comprehensive annual giving program focused on shaping sustainable growth in donor participation and annual operational support. This position conducts development activities within a team structure and collaborates extensively with colleagues across campus in the best interest of university donors and prospects. The work of the team includes, but not limited, to: Phonathon/Call Center, Direct Mail, Email, Day of Giving, Crowdfunding, Social Media, Texting, Matching Gifts, Affinity Programs, and Student Philanthropy. The Assistant Director strategically uses, analyzes, and leverages outcomes and data to develop and implement effective programs and to assess results.
- Advance our mission with key stakeholders to drive awareness, engagement, and donor support.
- Build and manage assigned Annual Giving programs that attract new or current undergraduate alumni donors and encourage annual, monthly, and matching gifts amongst our donor base.
- Work with Annual Giving team members, Development Officers, and others representing colleges or units to plan and conduct Annual Giving appeals and initiatives.
- Strategically plan objectives and track results and report on objectives, activities, and overall results to internal and external constituencies.
- Assist in the creation and execution of messages through a variety of communication channels and oversee the relationships with project liaisons in managing timelines and schedules of campaigns.
- Leverages technology, brand marketing practices and audience specific messages (awareness of interests, generational appeal or affinity) to build a consistent and innovative donor experience model.
- Actively participate as a staff member within the Development and Alumni Relations Division, attend Division-wide meetings and trainings, support Division-wide priorities and initiatives, and serve on committees as time permits.
- Maintain knowledge of campus-wide activities that would be of interest to messaging themes; regularly utilize collaboration opportunities with alumni relations, donor relations, athletics, and planned giving.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or advertising or related field.
- Two (2) years of work experience in annual giving, alumni relations or fundraising, OR three (3) years of experience working in marketing, communications, public relations or similar transferrable role.
- Experience working with data, data analysis, and/or database software, as well as fluent in using MS Office Suite, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Very strong written communication skills, with the ability to articulate a message of support.
- Experience in graphic design software, digital marketing, or soliciting customer or client feedback.
- Meticulous attention to detail and outstanding organization and time-management skills.
- High comfort level in utilizing digital marketing and communication platforms for email, texting or social media strategies. Familiar with A/B testing of digital initiatives to optimize strategies.
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, donors, and contacts on and off-campus. Throughout the year, will manage multiple requests, timelines, and priorities.
- Professional verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate directly and effectively with others in a concise and clear manner.
- Propensity to think out of the box on strategies; take initiative to organize and follow through with tasks to meet deadlines.
- Dedicated to a customer service-focused attitude.
- Commitment to excellence, professional development, and personal growth around the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion and positively contribute to an inclusive culture.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
$64,480.00 – $65,880.00 per year. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
To apply for this job please visit pacific.peopleadmin.com.