Assistant Director of Advancement Communications, Digital Philanthropy
University of North Carolina GreensboroGreensboro, NC
This will be achieved by implementing a digitally focused Annual Giving plan built using industry research and best practices that complements the work being done across Advancement Communication channels.
- Building segmented email campaigns (copy, audience selection, design)
- Devising social media fundraising strategies
- Assisting in the implementation of an SMS-based philanthropy platform
Digital Philanthropy Project Management
- Acts as project coordinator for both Believe in the G (UNCG’s annual day of giving) and crowdfunding campaigns, helping to coordinate cross-campus partnerships, build and implement strategy, and manage UNCG’s giving platform(s).
- Coordinates and supports digital advertising plans for Annual Giving campaigns created through careful analysis of giving data trends.
- Executes targeted online giving strategies for donor segments and key audiences in collaboration with the Senior Assistant Director of Digital Strategy and ensures that all appeals are executed on time, within budget, and as planned.
Website Maintenance and Email Solicitation Strategy
- Manages Annual Giving webpages so that they include current campaign content and ongoing Annual Giving information.
- Assists in strategic email solicitations that encourage increased donors and dollars.
- Assists in the creation of the imagery for web-based content published for fundraising campaigns (social media, emails, and others).
- Serves as the Annual Giving team lead to work closely with campus partners to identify philanthropic interests that could become feasible crowdfunding opportunities.
- Identifies, recruits, and trains volunteers (including alumni social media ambassadors) who help to spread the word about fundraising campaigns.
Reporting and Data Integrity
- With the support of the Senior Assistant Director of Digital Strategy, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of digital solicitation strategies by identifying trends, strengths, and areas for improvement.
- Helps to compile reports that showcase the performance of digital philanthropy strategies and uses them to adjust the annual plan for better success.
- Identifies and pursues professional development opportunities, including webinars, conferences, on-campus presentations, weekly newsletters, and blogs that promote creativity, job skills, and more knowledge of the digital marketing/fundraising industry.
- Creates a network of colleagues with whom to interact, develop ideas, draw upon for questions, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
The ideal candidate has outstanding written communication skills and sharp attention to detail. High initiative, flexibility, and creativity are desired. Experience working with large data sets, digital engagement and fundraising, and social media outreach is preferred. The ideal candidate has some experience working with HTML, in addition to graphic/digital design expertise. Candidates should have a passion for digital engagement and be eager to play an important role on the annual giving team.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
$54,985 – $56,909
To apply for this job please visit spartantalent.uncg.edu.
- Next s