Assistant Director of Annual Giving
University of Montana FoundationMissoula, MT
The University of Montana Foundation has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director of Annual Giving.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter to work collaboratively with the Director of Annual Giving in reinvigorating a strategic and comprehensive annual giving program designed to secure philanthropic support from alumni and friends, with a focus on repeatable gifts that are impactful to the University of Montana.
Why Work for Us?
- Opportunity for a part-time remote work arrangement each week
- Retirement 403(b) employer contribution of 11%
- Generous Time Off – team members accrue 4 weeks of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year, with an additional 12 days of holiday leave
- Competitive pay – candidates can request the starting pay range by emailing [email protected]
- Paid parental leave for new parents
- Short-term and long-term disability pay protection benefits
- Benefits – medical, dental, vision, wellness program and more!
- Professional development opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage projects within the annual giving program including, but not limited to, direct marketing, digital and web-based marketing, and crowdfunding to raise funds for university and unit priorities.
- Participate in the development and deployment of comprehensive annual giving campaigns, appeals, days of giving, and special projects aimed at strengthening the pipeline of donors to UM.
- Assist with the development of a crowdfunding program and managing its implementation.
- Assist with the implementation and review of strong data-driven annual giving strategies including tracking mail and email appeals, monitoring marketing segmentation to improve results, tracking metrics, and leveraging traditional solicitation methods with new, innovative digital initiatives and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with the Director of Annual Giving, Marketing and Communications, and various University of Montana partners to create dynamic messages that will connect with alumni, parents, and friends of the university.
- Assist with messaging and editing of annual giving communications as needed for all channels.
- In collaboration with the Director of Annual Giving and stewardship team, review stewardship communications and assist with implementation of new strategies as needed.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of high-level leadership annual giving prospects.
- Research and stay up-to-date on trends in the field of higher education advancement, annual giving, and philanthropy. Suggest new initiatives and/or improvements in annual giving outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
The UM Foundation seeks a candidate who excels in relationship-building and communication, possesses a high level of self-motivation, and is team oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Two to five years of fundraising experience, and/or related experience in nonprofit or higher education communications and marketing.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite of application and database software applications.
- Experience working in higher education or a comparably complex organization.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) databases.
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position, you are still encouraged to apply. Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter with your application.
About the University of Montana Foundation
The UM Foundation connects donors’ passions with needs and opportunities at the University of Montana. Serving the University as an independent nonprofit, the UM Foundation manages the University’s private fundraising efforts, donations and investment of endowed gifts.
The UM Foundation is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people and culture of the University it serves. UM Foundation employees enjoy a collaborative culture and inspiring mission to support the University and its students.
About the University of Montana
As Montana’s flagship university and a top-tier R1 research institution, the University of Montana sets a high bar for academic studies, creative accomplishments, and scientific exploration. Students receive a world-class education in a broad range of subjects that include the trades, liberal arts, sciences, graduate and postdoctoral study and professional training.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.