Director of Advancement Services
University of FindlayFindlay, OH
This posting is for a full-time, 12-month, exempt position. The director is responsible for comprehensive fund-raising financial reporting for the Division of University Advancement, tracking and reporting on all development officer fund raising activity, leadership for the prospect research and management function for the Division, and leadership and direction of the Division’s Blackbaud suite of products, including, but not limited to, The Raiser’s Edge, RENXT, BBNC, and ResearchPoint database systems – including training and system development. Director will be responsible for defining yearly goals and objectives; developing strategic direction and plans for database management; and developing and maintaining department strategic plan for Advancement Services. Director should be focused on building “Best-in-Class” programs for each area of Advancement Services. Director will bring strong customer services skills, advocacy, and enthusiasm for the activities and functions within Advancement Services. Director will serve as a member of the Division of University Advancement leadership team. Director will work creatively to meet the database, financial reporting, and prospect research needs of every department within the Division of University Advancement.
This position requires regular, predictable, reliable attendance in the office environment.
- Manages Advancement Services staff and processes.
- Defines strategies and manages implementation of all technology.
- Defines yearly goals and objectives.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for database management and reporting
- Develops and maintains department strategic plan for Advancement Services.
- Responsible for all compliance with Federal and State regulations as they relate to gift processing, biographical data maintenance and technology (PCI compliance, IRS regulations, FASB 116 and 117 (or GASB).
- Liaison with University auditors.
- Manages partnership with ITS: works closely with the managing team to ensure that the needs for University Advancement technology are considered with regard to the overall University technology goals and objectives.
- Partners with other departments across campus to positively promote University Advancement Services and The Raiser’s Edge database: advocates for all data changes to be reported to University Advancement; advocates for all lists that include alumni, parents and friends of the University to be pulled from The Raisers Edge; identifies opportunities for data enhancement collecting additional data from other departments across campus; and works closely with partners on data and technology projects that involve multiple departments.
- Responsible for reporting all Financial Information to external sources, including the VSE, Trustee reports, Board Reports, etc.
- Responsible for the Database Integrity and the timely entry of all information into the The Raisers Edge database.
- Manage online giving and event registration forms, accounts, and transaction processing.
- Manages the department priorities to ensure that work is completed in a timely fashion, and involves the Director’s Council, when there are not enough resources to complete the work needed.
- Manage electronic scanned records and scanning of historical files.
- Manage the creation and updating of all procedures for Advancement Services functions.
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Advancement on the updating and creation of board approved policies.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Persuasive Presentation Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills.
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Technical Capacity
Supervision of student assistants and staff.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time 12-month position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel is expected for this position. A valid US driver’s license and safe driving record.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Four or more years of professional experience.
- Must have significant prior experience with a Fund Raising and Constituent Management database system or equivalent.
- Must have strong interpersonal abilities including: diplomacy, tact, flexibility, discretion, sense of humor, and the ability to maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the University.
- Persuasive presentation, telephone, written and interpersonal communication skills; organizational skills including: positive attitude, the ability to project strong leadership ability, creative and problem solving skills.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer literacy including: familiarity with the internet, word processing, spreadsheet, E-mail, presentation, scheduling, and database software programs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree.
For optimal consideration of your applicant file, faculty applications must include a cover letter; current Resume or Curriculum Vitae; a statement of teaching philosophy; and the contact information for three professional references with your application. Staff applications must include a current Resume or Curriculum Vitae and cover letter with your application.
The University of Findlay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. It is the university’s policy to prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, sex (including gender identity/expression), color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.findlay.edu.