Assistant Director of Annual Giving
The Madeira SchoolMcLean, VA
The Advancement Department seeks an energetic, highly driven, creative, and collaborative Assistant Director of Annual Giving to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving plays a key role in Madeira’s comprehensive annual giving program focused on shaping a sustainable growth in donor count and annual operational support for Madeira. This position works independently and collaborates extensively with colleagues within Advancement and throughout Madeira with primary responsibility for young alum engagement and giving; digital, web-, and social media-based campaigns; development of materials and collateral; stewardship; and events. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving effectively uses, analyzes, and leverages data to develop and implement effective programs and to analyze results.
The Madeira School is an independent boarding and day school that educates girls in grades 9-12. The scenic 376-acre campus is just 10 miles from Washington, DC. Enrolling 334 students from 21 states and 38 countries, Madeira was founded with the vision of leading innovation in girls’ education and the mission of launching women who change the world.
- Develop and execute giving campaigns – including print, electronic, and social media – targeted to young alums (0-15 years since graduation).
- Conceptualize a student giving program aimed at fostering a culture of philanthropy among new graduates.
- Manage the recurring gift (monthly donor) program
- Produce and maintain a suite of collateral materials supporting Madeira Fund objectives, including letters, brochures, impact reports, and other products. Collaborate with colleagues across Madeira to develop dynamic messaging that will engage and excite constituents. Maintain relationships with designers and printers.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate digital fundraising, texting, and social media strategies to connect with alums and potential donors to enhance engagement and philanthropy.
- Keep current on fundraising trends, including those related to direct mail, crowdfunding, social media, mobile, and digital acquisition. Suggest new initiatives and/or improvements to the annual giving program.
- Assist with the development of an integrated annual giving program calendar that is aligned with overall Madeira Fund objectives and leverages digital, web-, and social media-based opportunities.
- Design appropriate and personal acknowledgements for annual giving donors.
- With an eye to lifelong engagement, create stewardship plans and materials that appropriately and effectively recognize annual giving donors at all gift levels as well as first time donors, consecutive donors, and leadership donors.
- Support a robust events program to cultivate new and existing donors and generate a sense of excitement and belonging within the Madeira community. Plan and execute stewardship events to thank leadership annual donors.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Advancement Office, providing assistance and input as needed, and communicating frequently to ensure events and activities do not conflict.
- Participate in planning meetings, accept special assignments, assist colleagues, and provide support for all ongoing programs and operations, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ experience in an advancement office preferred
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge (or similar database), MS Office Suite, Outlook and Excel; willingness to learn additional programs
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail; ability to problem-solve, and manage and prioritize workflow
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive matters with diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required • Positive attitude and passion for educating girls
To apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected]
- Next s