Development Services Manager
The College Foundation of UVACharlottesville, VA
Position Objective and Job Summary
The Development Services Manager works directly with all members of the Development Services team, assisting with and managing stewardship, event, and prospect management projects. This position manages the planning and implementation of multiple projects simultaneously. This requires an effective and collaborative relationship builder who is reliable, decisive, meets deadlines, and can work independently. This position regularly reports on the progress and outcomes of individual projects. This position reports to the Director of Events.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This position plans and executes small special events, and supports large, complex regional events. This position plans and executes events designed to cultivate, recognize, educate, and steward current and prospective donors to the College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences with the intent of increasing engagement among constituents.
Events will include, but are not limited to, small dinners, cultivation and stewardship events for major gift and annual fund donors, departmental events and receptions, and football suite activities.
- Plan, coordinate, execute and review small special events and regional events for the College Foundation.
- Research, propose and secure possible venues for functions based on inclusivity, budget, geography, accessibility, aesthetic appeal, and availability.
- Contract for services from vendors including caterers, florists, parking services, photography, etc.
- Prepare formal briefing materials with final details for gift officers, event hosts, and faculty.
- Manage event preparation under the direction of the Director of Events including (to include, but not limited to, list management, name tags, event supplies, etc.).
- Manage registration and data entry process for lifecycles of events.
- Manage event budget in coordination with supervisor.
- Negotiate financial commitments with vendors and ensure event stays within set budget.
- Verify invoices and arrange for payment within procurement procedures.
- Determine benchmarks for success prior to each assigned event, evaluate their effectiveness after the event, and incorporate improvements into future planning.
- Provide event follow up reporting and tracking.
- Maintain master event files and documentation to aid in planning and executing future events.
College Foundation Football Suite
- Manage and oversee the College football suite including:
- Oversee all suite stocking and catering.
- Communicate with guests each game including distributing tickets, logistical information, and responding to questions.
- Manage guest list in coordination with gift officers and Director of Events.
- Manage the process of securing letters of appreciation from student scholarship recipients. Coordinate with Central Development to create a cohesive experience for scholarship donors.
- Manage and execute all aspects of Thank a Donor Days and other student thanking sessions.
- Create and oversee process for tracking all stewardship tasks.
- Work as the staff liaison for student group, Dean’s Development Ambassadors (DDAs).
- Coordinate with the Director of Videography and Multimedia to create student videos and content, creating a library for stewardship and marketing use.
- Assist with information-gathering for the endowment report process.
- Write and edit donor and prospect profiles for events.
- Manage the Outreach Calendar for the Dean of the College.
- Track the Trustee Referral Program and List Reviews.
- Provide portfolio and prospect management for up to 5 gift officers.
- Research donor prospects.
- Track prospect referrals to gift officers.
- At least two years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Ability to successfully develop and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of constituents.
- The ability to interact with executive level administrators, donors/prospects, alumni, and development staff with an understanding of protocol and confidentiality.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, collegial, collaborative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and ongoing projects.
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions.
- Flexible and comfortable pivoting projects quickly when information changes.
- Understanding of individual donor needs and perceptions.
- Preferred experience with events.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as strong computer skills are required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Some remote work flexibility is permitted, however, this is not a fully remote position.
- Minimal lifting and carrying.
- Ability to work and produce in a hybrid work environment.
- Final salary offer amount is determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.
- Next s