Assistant Director, Talent Management
The Catholic University of AmericaWashington, D.C.
Talent Management has become an increasingly more important component of the overall University Advancement operation. The ability to hire and retain the best talent in the right roles is paramount if we are to meet the ambitious fundraising goals for University Advancement. The Assistant Director, Talent Management will work under the direction of the Director, Talent Management to evolve and improve the talent acquisition, acclimation, and professional development experience for candidates and University Advancement team members. The Asst. Director and the Director will work together to develop a reliable system of onboarding tasks and programs that will ensure that all new employees have the tools they need for success in their new position.
S/he will build relationships across campus and within University Advancement, and will create programming around key competencies for success in Advancement. S/he will serve as a reliable support partner to the Director of Talent Management, and will interface frequently with hiring managers and with Human Resources colleagues during the position development, interview, and hiring process.
The Asst. Director Talent Management should have exceptional communication skills, a service minded approach to work, strong organizational and project management skills, and the willingness to acquire a deep understanding of the talent needs in University Advancement. Discretion in all matters is critical.
- Work with the Director to develop a reliable, consistent system for creating positions, organizing interviews, and preparing for the arrival of new University Advancement team members.
- Manage the existing program of new team member orientation.
- Organize and document processes for new position creation, and other cascading tasks that occur when a team member arrives, transfers within University Advancement, or leaves the University.
- Work with hiring managers and other University contacts to conduct the logistical tasks associated with new Advancemnt team members.
- Work with the Director to develop expanded professional development opportunities for both new and existing Advancement team members.
- Support the Division of University Advancement in achieving its strategic and fundraising goals, as well as Campaign goals, through positive and productive interaction and collaboration with all departmental staff, University liaisons, and external constituents.
Bachelor’s Degree required with two (2) years of talent management experience within a non-profit business environment. Some Higher Education experience is desired. Strong relationship building, communication skills, discretion and maturity to manage sensitive information and conversations, ability to utilize interpersonal skills in collaborative ways within the Division, and around campus.
Technical proficiency in the Microsoft and Google suites of applications.
Experience with candidate hiring and performance management applications.
Skill in managing departmental budget records.
Possession of current and valid U.S. driver’s license appropriate to the type of university vehicle and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Driving Record (MVR) as stipulated in the Vehicle Guidelines and Procedures Manual administered through the office of Environmental Health and Safety. Annual clearance of MVR check through the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s