Stony Brook UniversityStony Brook, NY
Required Qualifications: (as evidenced by an attached resume)
Bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Experience working in fundraising, sales, events or a related field in business, higher education, and/or non-profit or health care system. Proficiency working with Microsoft Office and Google Products.
Experience in Higher Education fundraising. Experience working for an Annual Fund or Annual Giving Team. Experience developing and implementing a giving program. Proficient in database or contact management software (i.e. Raiser’s Edge).
Brief Description of Duties:
The traineeship position will work to gain broad-based experience with Stony Brook University’s Advancement Department for up to 2 years with intent to progress to the next opportunity within the University Advancement department. The traineeship position will develop future leaders to help gain skills and competencies in the field.
The department seeks an energetic and motivated self-starter for its Development Coordinator position. The incumbent will serve as the member of the Annual Giving team responsible for measurable growth in philanthropic participation and dollars. They will demonstrate the ability to follow through on commitments and take responsibility for outcomes. The preferred candidate will be a persistent, results oriented, professional.
- Assist in the coordination of solicitation messaging, volunteer management, and stewardship activities.
- Assist in the planning and execution of outreach programs aimed at educating constituents about the importance of the Annual Fund and lifelong alumni investment in Stony Brook University.
- Work with the Executive Director of Annual Giving to develop a strategy for growing leadership gift outcomes through communications, direct mail solicitation, tele fund programs and event fundraising.
- Work with alumni relations to increase attendance, engagement and follow up for key events.
- Analyze metrics and key performance indicators to ensure best practices and lessons learned.
- Work with the Associate Director of Annual Giving to maximize the effectiveness of digital online tools and emerging technologies.
- Leverage Stony Brook Giving Day to secure support for the university and its entities.
- Establish positive working relationships with key internal and external partners, serving as a proactive leader of the university’s leadership annual giving efforts.
- Other duties as assigned appropriate to rank and department mission.
This is a full-time appointment. FLSA Non-Exempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Two openings are available for this position.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Salary:$47,000 – $60,000 plus $3,026 location pay.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s