Annual Giving Senior Manager
Scripps ResearchLa Jolla, CA
Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand basic knowledge in the biosciences, and use these fundamental advancements to develop profound innovations that improve wellbeing. Our educational and training programs mold talented and committed students and postdocs into leading edge scientists. Scientists in the institute’s five academic research departments work hand-in-hand with researchers of the Scripps Research Translational Institute and Calibr to merge foundational studies in biology, chemistry and computer science with translational science to produce pioneering drugs and advances in digital and precision medicine. Together, we cultivate new scientific leaders and expand the frontiers of knowledge to deliver medical breakthroughs to better human health around the globe. If you have a passion for making a difference, this could be your opportunity to join our transformative team.
The Senior Manager of Annual Giving reports to the Senior Director of Philanthropy and works closely with the Communications team, the Donor Relations Manager, and the fundraisers. This role is responsible for management of national multi-channel marketing-fundraising efforts, from e-philanthropy and direct mail, to online giving and digital campaigns.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with Philanthropy team and Communications Department to write, design and create materials to support fundraising efforts, including direct mail, email, and social media.
- Leverage internal resources and talents to build upon a dynamic online presence that is seamlessly coordinated with external communications efforts.
- Partner closely with the Communications Department’s social media efforts to identify outstanding opportunities for reinforce fundraising campaigns and boosting online giving
- Partner closely with Donor Relations team to ensure annual giving donors are stewarded thoughtfully and strategically to retain, renew and upgrade financial investments over time.
- Create targeted, segmented solicitations for specific donors with a cohesive, national strategy that is tailored or tweaked as needed to meet the needs of each community of donors and prospects.
- Create and oversee a comprehensive fundraising plan and multi-channel appeal schedule for acquisition, reacquisition, and renewal/upgrade donor solicitation series.
- Assess and recommend new strategies, channels, and projects that fall under the purview of annual giving fundraising.
- Serve as team lead for Giving Tuesday and other large scale fundraising communications/campaigns.
- Prepare Annual Giving progress reports and updates.
- Analyze data on Annual Giving performance and utilize it to make decisions about program direction and orchestration.
- Partner with development colleagues in support of fundraising initiatives and strategies for all giving levels.
- Represent the development department at lectures, dinners, and other donor events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience in nonprofit fundraising environment with demonstrated success in implementing and managing complex communications projects.
- Intelligence, maturity, and sound judgment, necessary for interacting with faculty, staff, donors and other constituents.
- Project management skills and a demonstrated ability to set and complete priority projects under deadline.
- High degree of initiative required with an enthusiastic, goal-oriented attitude.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism towards donors and stakeholders, with frequent followthrough and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Donor management systems experience, ideally, Raisers Edge.
- Some evenings and weekends for special events.
The above statements describe the level of work performed and expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of employees so classified, and the content herein is subject to change due to the business needs of Scripps Research, with or without notice. Furthermore, nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Scripps Research staff.
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background in the fields of science. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status. Underrepresented individuals are encouraged to apply.
We cannot accept applications for on-campus positions from individuals who are unvaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law. The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until restrictions change, interviews will be conducted virtually.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.