Princeton UniversityPrinceton, NJ
Princeton University Advancement office of Annual Giving seeks an Office Assistant to provide high level administrative support for two Annual Giving Associate Directors working with undergraduate alumni classes and/or other constituencies.
- Perform high degree of email organization requiring timely responses to volunteers, donors, campus partners and staff inquiries through Outlook.
- Assist in scheduling volunteer meetings including maintaining volunteer conference call/zoom calendars, distributing paperwork and creating custom reports utilizing specialized University software and excel to maintain alumni information generating complex and detailed reports for individual volunteers or committees.
- Generate and proofread letters, memos and emails to volunteer committees. Work with our Printing and Mailing manager to generate specialized class solicitation mailings, especially complicated merge letters. These class mailing include segmented appeal letters, envelopes, bulletins, and other mailers as needed.
- Creation and maintenance of class Annual Giving websites including coding and managing volunteer prospects, generation of reports for volunteer and class activity.
- Utilize the department’s email marketing software to create mass email solicitations, invitations, communications.
- Use and maintenance of general office equipment such as copiers, faxes and printers. Creating, organizing and maintaining electronic / paper files.
- At least 5 years administrative experience in a fast-paced high productivity environment.
- Exceptional computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet preparation, proofreading and data management.
- Must have prior experience with complicated mail merges and the ability to take initiative and learn database systems quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism and initiative; accuracy, close attention to detail and discretion in dealing with highly confidential material.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions based on established policies and procedures in supervisor’s absence.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake special projects, assignments, and to provide backup overflow support to other Annual Giving Office Assistants as directed by office manager.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit main-princeton.icims.com.