Development Associate, Major Gifts
Phillips AcademyAndover, MA
Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Development Associate will actively coordinate projects for the benefit of major gift prospect work in consultation with staff across the Office of Academy Resources (OAR). With strong project management, data analysis, event management and logistics support, this role assists the major gift team in developing relationships with prospects; building prospect lists; special event planning; ongoing cultivation/ stewardship; and other project support.
Duties will include:
50% Fundraising Project Management and Data Analysis:
- Develop and oversee projects that support overall fundraising activities. Projects might include but are not limited to customized cultivation/stewardship, outreach and proposal development.
- Preparation and data analysis of reports such as regional fundraising progress, prospect and proposal pipeline reports, portfolio management, data integrity, and budgeting.
- Create new reports and modify existing reports, as needed, in collaboration with the Analytics team around dollars raised, visit activity, etc. Analyze reporting data to inform giving strategy.
- Draft a variety of written materials, including gift acknowledgements and outreach, prospect briefings, gift opportunity summaries, and customized stewardship reports.
- Serve as liaison with the annual giving team to track key reunion initiatives.
- Communicate effectively with alumni and parents in person, electronically and via phone and video.
- Support major gifts team in maintaining regional priority prospect lists.
40% Event Management and Logistics:
- Serve as lead event manager for the Andover Development Board (ADB) meetings.
- Manage and coordinate prospect event logistics including invitation development, event briefings, venue and catering details, host correspondence, list management and event promotion.
- Manage event follow up initiatives, stewardship, and data analysis. 20% Volunteer Management
- Work with Director of Major Gifts to assist in developing and preparing Andover Development Board programming.
- Provide support to ADB members and to those who manage ADB member relationships internally.
- Communicate and coordinate Andover Development Board activities, reporting and direct mail initiatives directly with its cochairs.
10% Other Duties:
- Proactively take the initiative to stay abreast of Academy activities and enterprises.
- Other administrative duties as necessary
Bachelor’s degree required. 1+ year(s) experience managing projects and performing data analysis. Development experience strongly preferred. High energy and initiative with interest in a career in development. Precise attention to accuracy and detail. Strong communications (oral and written) skills; independent judgment and a high level of discretion; ability to analyze, synthesize, and present information; ability to interact well with others. Ability to solicit information across departments and prioritize work assignments. Strong initiative, motivation, and organization; ability to meet deadlines and work under tight time constraints while managing multiple projects; familiarity with computers and databases; ability to work independently and as a team member; ability to maintain confidentiality. Evening and weekend work, as needed.
If interested, please complete an application as well as a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in this position.
As the COVID-19 pandemic persists, our top priority is safety. Accordingly, the Academy will require, subject to disability and religious accommodation exceptions under federal and state law, that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the Covid-19 Booster by February 1, 2022, or 5 months after completing the primary vaccination series with Pfizer or Moderna, or 2 months after receiving the J&J/Janssen vaccination.
Phillips Academy is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package, which include group medical/dental, generous employer contributions to HSA/HRA for eligible employees, 403(b) retirement plan, vacation/personal and illness bank paid time off as well as many other benefits.
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Phillips Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community “committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school in which students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences— including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports the inclusive and diverse nature of the community. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI and fingerprinting background checks as well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit andover.csod.com.