Assistant Director, Network Engagement
Ohio UniversityAthens, OH
The Asst. Dir., Network Engagement, is responsible for supporting the Asst. Director of Network & Volunteer Engagement in developing and executing strategy that seeks to streamline customer service protocols that support the Ohio University Alumni Association (OUAA) regional and affinity networks in a way that advances the mission of the OHIO Alumni Association and the University. The incumbent will support programs and initiatives that drive participation across engagement channels and the university, including lifelong learning, alumni networks, regional engagement, and digital experiences. This individual will support network programs and manage relationships that support the OUAA’s strategies. The Asst. Dir. will represent the Association to a broad audience and manage relationships with alumni, donors, university partners, and administration.
- Network Support and Management: (50% of time)
- Manage day-to-day operations of Network support, including but not limited to: promptly responding to inquiries from Network leaders; sharing information with appropriate OUAA partners and University colleagues; contract/purchasing submissions; and basic communication regarding updated schedules, policies, or procedures.
- Organize and execute a consistent communication strategy for all network leaders that includes keeping them up-to-date about OUAA/University initiatives, opportunities for volunteer engagement, and mentorship.
- Provide technical support for Bobcat Network group pages.
- Provide technical support to Diversity Initiatives team with regards to Ebony Bobcat contracts and communications.
- Program Management: (20% of time)
- Plan and execute one virtual network-related virtual program per semester.
- Collaborate with OUAA partners and University colleagues to ensure that programming remains cohesive, on brand, and is not repetitive to initiatives already in existence.
- Support the Association’s partnerships with programs supporting external engagement activities and initiatives across the University. (10% of time)
- Support and contribute to ongoing measurement and evaluation of comprehensive engagement efforts and metrics across all modes of engagement (experiential, volunteerism, communication, and philanthropic). (10% of time)
- Represent OUAA at special events and meetings with students, alumni, donors, and the general public as necessary. The incumbent will work some evenings and weekends and travel on a periodic basis. Actively promote a professional workplace culture of mutual respect and collegiality for all members of the institution. (10% of time)
Location and Travel:
- University Advancement values in person collaboration and relationship building and therefore takes a hybrid approach that combines remote and in-office work days across the division. Unless traveling on university business, staff, including this position, work onsite multiple days per week. The Assistant Director will work from the Athens, Ohio campus and may have the option to participate in the unit’s hybrid approach, upon approval.
- The Assistant Director must have the ability and willingness to travel periodically.
About University Advancement:
The Division of University Advancement is a multi-faceted unit within Ohio University that builds and strengthens relationships that inspire investments of time, talent, and treasure in the University and its mission. The Division engages alumni and friends in the life of the University and secures private support that advances the University’s strategic initiatives. Through local, regional, state, and worldwide engagement, University Advancement shares OHIO’s story and furthers its mission and vision across the globe. The Division of University Advancement is committed to excellent customer service, fostering collaborative work environments, and celebrating a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) year of experience in alumni relations or related
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
The salary range for pay grade 15 is $40,296 to $62,459. The salary negotiated at the time of offer will be commensurate with education and experience while also considering internal equity.
This position works year round and is typically expected to work 40 hours a week Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5pm. Some after hours, weekend, and holiday work may be required. Flexplace and flextime agreements may be available for this position.
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.