Major Gifts Officer
New England Public MediaSpringfield, MA
NEPM enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The Development department is responsible for raising funds from individuals and family foundations who can support NEPM for annual operating, restricted projects, and capital campaigns. The team works closely with NEPM leadership, board members and other volunteers.
New England Public Media seeks an experienced professional to serve as the station’s Major Gifts Officer in Springfield, MA. This position is charged with identifying, developing, and implementing strategies for new major gift prospects and donors and will work closely with a team of development professionals as well as senior leadership and board members. The ideal candidate will be creative, articulate, and detail-oriented and have an appreciation for the role of public media in the communities of western Massachusetts. Reports to the assistant director of Donor Engagement and Planned Giving.
- Work collaboratively to align efforts and set goals. Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through building meaningful relationship with our organization
- Secure challenge funds (gifts of $1,000 or more) for quarterly fund drives
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, negotiate and steward major gifts.
- Develop major gift solicitation strategies to secure major gifts of $1,000 or more for annual fund and special campaigns.
- Collaborate with the assistant director of donor engagement and planned giving to identify, qualify, cultivate, and steward planned giving donors.
- Utilize prospect management systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects using our donor database, wealth screening tools and moves management.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the Murrow Society Committee members and NEPM staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Properly steward and acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects capable of making gifts of $10,000 and up. Routinely schedule personal face-to-face meetings with major donor prospects.
- Develop, document and implement a specifically crafted engagement and solicitation strategy for each assigned major gift prospect.
- Draft post-meeting contact reports and ensure they are uploaded to the donor’s record.
- Prepare written proposals, informational materials, gift agreements, and other materials needed to secure major gifts. Record activity in the station’s prospect management and tracking system.
- Identify engagement opportunities for major gift donors and prospects.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record of identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing five and six-figure gifts.
- Superior communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Must be adept at building and maintaining strong donor relationships and able to represent the station effectively with both internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of prospect management systems required.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in development or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
NEPM is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, NEPM does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
NEPM will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to [email protected] or by calling 617-300-2000.
To apply for this job please visit publicmedia.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.