Director of Annual Giving
Montreat CollegeMontreat, NC
Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, this employee will steward and grow a portfolio of mid-level donors, maintaining contact primarily by phone, email, video calls, and in-person meetings when advisable. This person will lead the implementation for the college’s annual fund. This employee will represent Montreat College in a manner that encourages donors to support Christian higher education.
- Manage a portfolio of 200-250 annual giving level ($250 to $10,000 per year) donors through the moves management process, maintaining contact primarily by phone, email, video calls, and in-person meetings when advisable. Maintain approximately quarterly touchpoints.
- Create a pipeline of annual giving donors, moving donors into major gifts and planned gifts.
- Lead special giving initiatives, such as Giving Tuesday and stewardship projects.
- Oversee the writing and implementation of appeal letters.
- Manage the President’s Circle, a Montreat College giving society for donors who give $1,000 or more annually. Responsible for developing strategies to encourage donors to give at higher levels.
- Write giving proposals to foundations, churches, and corporations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
A qualified candidate will have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and affirm and support the vision, mission, statement of faith, and community life covenant of Montreat College.
- Ability to network and grow relationships, leading to philanthropic support.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to function well as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with and manage data, including manipulating and analyzing data to inform fundraising strategies.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize Advancement software, including Raiser’s Edge.
- Demonstrates taking initiative.
- Excellent command of English as a spoken and written language, including spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrates project management and problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and gain cooperation of others.
- Ability to perform tasks while being frequently interrupted.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive materials and conversations.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. 3 years relevant experience preferred.
Reports to Vice President for Advancement
- Completed job application.
- Cover letter reflecting the candidate’s ability to perform the job as detailed in the job description.
- An updated résumé.
- Personal statement of Christian faith.
Send materials by email to Garrett Luck, Vice President for Advancement, at [email protected]
About Montreat College
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
To apply for this job please visit www.montreat.edu.