Assistant Director, Annual Giving
Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's HealthPalo Alto, CA
Main focus: Frontline field fundraiser focused on 1:1 donor strategy for renewal, upgrade, identification, and elevation for annual donors.
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid); the successful candidate for this role will be based in the Bay Area.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health, in partnership with Stanford Medicine and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, unlocks philanthropy to transform health for children and families in Northern California – and around the world. Through fundraising and grantmaking, the Foundation drives scientific research, innovation, and policy change that will improve care, advance cures, and reform healthcare systems for this and future generations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Assistant Director, Annual Giving, you will be in a frontline fundraising position responsible for soliciting and cultivating a portfolio of high-end annual giving prospects for gifts of $500-$9,999. You will report to the Director, Annual Giving for field fundraising. You will focus on identification of new donors and renewal/reactivation of lapsed donors through 1:1 donor solicitation. You will focus on pipeline development and qualification work for donors interested in supporting for the Lucile Packard Children’s Fund, which supports three essential aspects of the Hospital’s mission: a commitment to provide medical care for any local child in need; funding for cutting-edge research in childhood diseases; and family and community services programs.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Managing a portfolio of 250-300 annual giving donors.
- Actively soliciting portfolio, prioritizing: upgrading current donors and generating gifts from new prospects.
- Prioritizing pipeline building and identification work by handing off appropriate donors to Principal, Major, or Planned gifts.
- Becoming an expert representative on the various entities and activities that the Lucile Packard Children’s Fund supports as well as on other programs at the Hospital for which gifts are being sought.
- Collaborating with pipeline generating Annual Giving verticals (Community Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Digital) to convert one-time donors to annual contributors.
- Generating reactivation strategy for long-lapsed donors to reengage with our mission through mass communications/outreach.
- Partnering with Direct Marketing and Digital to complete individual follow up for mailings to donors under $10k.
- Handing off or identifying donors to Principal, Major, or Planned giving.
- Monitoring prospects from $250-$999 pool of donors and develop upgrade strategy.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Maintaining knowledge of hospital programs to effectively communicate with supporters about their area of interest.
- Functioning as a member of a team by accepting additional responsibilities and assisting others as necessary.
- Recommending new approaches, procedures, and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of department and services performed.
- Assisting Children’s Fund team with prospecting and stewardship events on an as needed basis. Recommending new approaches, procedures, and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 2-3 years of experience working in a non-profit, fundraising environment, managing volunteers, and/or directly asking for funds.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- A demonstrated ability to produce error free work when performing a variety of functions such as typing, text editing, data entry, file management, and calculations is required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion, and to travel within the Bay Area.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- An acceptable driving record and proof of full-coverage auto insurance
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH
- 3+ years of experience working in a non-profit, fundraising environment, managing volunteers, and/or sales.
- Knowledge of fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.
- Next s