Assistant/Associate Director, Kalamazoo College Fund
Kalamazoo CollegeKalamazoo, MI
Position Description: The Assistant/Associate Director, Kalamazoo College Fund (KCF) manages alumni volunteers through training, development and outreach to ensure a robust peer-to-peer solicitation program. In addition, the Assistant/Associate Director helps plan, implement and assess philanthropic initiatives in support of the Kalamazoo College Fund and the College by providing opportunities for alumni, parents and friends to give annual unrestricted and designated support.
Alumni and Student Education and Volunteer Management
- Plan, implement, manage, and evaluate the Class Agent volunteer, peer-to-peer solicitation and engagement program with a focus on retaining and increasing annual, unrestricted gifts to Kalamazoo College.
- Manage volunteer management technology platform, including data management and assessment, volunteer training and resource development, and solicitation and stewardship initiatives.
- Plan, implement, manage, and evaluate student philanthropy and young alumni initiatives to educate students and young alumni about the importance of financially supporting Kalamazoo College.
- Identify potential donors and prospects through reunion and class agent giving strategies; solicit annual fund gifts; and recruit, train, and support volunteers in peer-to-peer engagement and solicitation.
- Work as part of a team to create short-term and long-term cultivation and solicitation strategies, including concept development and audience selection to acquire and maintain donors. Strategies include direct mail, electronic media, and face-to-face solicitations.
- Analyze data to help provide direction to and inform the strategic priorities of the Kalamazoo College Fund.
- Participate regularly in Advancement staff meetings and other relevant department meetings.
- Complete contact reports in a timely manner.
- Staff Homecoming and Commencement weekend activities (required) and other campus events on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in professional activities to stay current with trends in the development field.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Director will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in volunteer management, annual fundraising program management, and/or comparable experience.
In addition, the successful candidate must possess the following skills and abilities:
- The ability to forge strong working relationships with others and a capacity for engaging confidence and trust among volunteers and donors. Must be a team player.
- Experience working with and leading generationally diverse volunteers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High motivation for success coupled with diplomacy, tact, and consistent follow-through.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Proficiency and/or the ability to learn software programs including database and fundraising software is essential.
- Experience in higher education fundraising desirable.
Please submit a resume and cover letter for full consideration.
Kalamazoo College is a selective, nationally known liberal arts college offering students a personalized, integrated undergraduate experience known as the K-Plan that interweaves a traditional liberal arts curriculum with individualized research and experiential educational experiences in both domestic and international settings. Founded in 1833, Kalamazoo College is one of 40 dynamic Colleges That Change Lives, a group of 40 colleges that excel at developing potential, values and initiative, and provide the foundation for success beyond college. The campus is located midway between Chicago and Detroit in Kalamazoo, Michigan, a metropolitan community of 225,000 that supports four college and university campuses along with numerous civic arts and cultural associations. Thirty-five miles from Lake Michigan, the area offers many opportunities for outdoor activities.
The division of College Advancement is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and cultivating a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We aim to create a welcoming workplace that celebrates the diversity of our staff, alumni and donors.
An equal opportunity employer, Kalamazoo College is committed to equal rights, equal opportunities, and equal protection under the law. The College administers its programs without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, height, weight, marital status, physical disability as protected by law, or sexual orientation. The College’s definition of sexual orientation proscribes discrimination based on a person’s sexuality, or gender identity, actual or presumed.
To apply for this job please visit hr.kzoo.edu.