Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Ivy Tech Community CollegeIndianapolis, IN
This position is responsible for developing and implementing an alumni relations program including but not limited to: creating and administering campus Alumni social media platforms, designing and implementing an alumni communications plan, hosting alumni events and soliciting donations to the Ivy Tech Foundation. The position will provide new strategies to continually expand and ultimately lead to a culture of engagement and participation at the Indianapolis campus for Ivy Tech alumni. The position will work closely with campus partners such as career services, student life, admissions and academic departments to build significant pathways for alumni participation, as well as collaborate and work in conjunction with other campus and statewide development and alumni staff.
- Develop a comprehensive alumni engagement plan along with comprehensive metrics and goals for alumni involvement in each stage of the alumni life cycle.
- Create a multi-channeled communications and marketing plan for alumni.
- Develop processes to ensure data integrity of alumni contact and employment information in order to expand outreach opportunities.
- Manage necessary committee(s) and/or affinity groups pertaining to alumni.
- Serve as a resource for departments and student clubs needing alumni support.
- Manage a portfolio of annual giving prospects by cultivating, soliciting and stewarding alumni donors
- Solicit gifts from alumni through various electronic mediums as well as through in-person solicitations
- Work to generate major gift leads through new and existing annual giving donors.
Social Media and Electronic Communication Management
- Research, identify, and utilize current alumni and donor relations social media trends and implement them in conjunctions and coordination with Indianapolis campus marketing and the Director of Development Operations.
- Develop and utilize online forms, event registrations and video stewardship platforms.
- Through use of existing templates, create and schedule e-communications, whether newsletters, emails, e-solicitations, etc. to send to a given population
- Collect and analyze social media and e-communication data, as well as create metric reports, specifically for donor relations and alumni.
Event Planning and Support
- Support the planning and implementation of the alumni engagement program, including events and activities, benefits and services, communications, volunteer opportunities and campus/community partnerships.
- Oversee and manage Distinguished Alumni award and process at the Indianapolis campus
- Assist with coordination of fundraising events, as needed.
- Develop and implement best practices relating to donor and alumni relations procedures
- Manage position’s budget and allocate budget effectively
- Stay abreast of industry best practices, standards and technologies
- Other tasks and associated duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to build and steward relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with, motivate, and lead volunteers
- Goal oriented and self-starter who is able to work effectively without much supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and financial transactions
- Willingness and ability for some travel with some evening and weekend work
- Work professionally in independent and team environment to accomplish objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 or more years of alumni relations, development or comparable experience
- A general knowledge of institutional fundraising
- Skill in a range of technology platforms
- Strong analytical and database skills and experience with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM
To apply for this job please visit opportunities.ivytech.edu.