Assistant Director Annual Giving, Donor Experience Officer
Georgia State UniversityAtlanta, GA
University Advancement works to further Georgia State’s status as a national leader in student success, research and innovation, and cultural impact. By connecting with alumni, engaging donors and increasing philanthropic support for students and scholars, we’re helping to transform lives and build our global community.
Donor Engagement and Communications:
The mission of Donor Engagement and Communications is to create a philanthropic culture that will lead to increased charitable support for Georgia State University and its students, faculty, and staff. The Donor Experience Officer is part of a team that works toward building a donor base that moves potential prospects into leadership gift levels.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Donor Engagement and Communications, the Donor Experience Officer (DXO) focuses on engaging and soliciting leadership annual giving prospects for all colleges and units at Georgia State University. Using a variety of outreach methods including phone calls, texting, social media, video messaging and conferencing, emails, and some face-to-face interactions, the DXO provides information to the donor that deepens their understanding and connection to the university as well as solicits them for annual gifts. Through the DXO program, this position will need to work closely with our EverTrue Partner to ensure all technology and strategies associated with DX are executed properly. The two primary goals of this position are to assist with donor pipeline development and identify major gift leads for development officers.
- Manage a portfolio of roughly 1,000 current, lapsed, and prospective leadership annual giving donors. Cultivate relationships with these donors via phone, email, texting, LinkedIn, mail, Zoom, ThankView, local in-person, and other industry communication tactics.
- Solicit donors to make new gifts, renew, or upgrade. Close gifts from the $1,000 to $10,000 range with most of the focus on the $1,000 – $2,500 level. Appropriately steward closed gifts.
- Promote philanthropic opportunities, such as university and college giving priorities, crowdfunding projects, and Georgia State Day.
- Work with Prospect Management and Research to update, adjust, and maintain portfolio.
- Partner with the advancement staff in the colleges and units to strategically move donors up to major gifts levels. Actively hand-off prospects to major gift officers in accordance with the donor’s interests, capacity, and propensity.
- Responsible for effective prospect tracking, record keeping, and reporting aligned with the metrics and reporting guidelines from University Advancement.
- Research industry standards, trends, and breakthroughs; implement best practices.
- Works closely with additional Donor Experience Officers and EverTrue Partners to ensure all technology and strategies associated with DX are executed properly.
- Preference will be given to candidates with campaign and/or leadership annual gift experience.
- Knowledge of the Blackbaud application software Raiser’s Edge/NXT or Salesforce.
- A writing sample will be requested from final candidates
To apply for this job please visit gsu.taleo.net.
- Next s