Director of Alumni and Constituent Giving – University Marketing and Donor Participation
Emory UniversityAtlanta, GA
The Division of Advancement and Alumni Engagement utilizes resources, technology, and business for the purpose of constituent engagement, donor research and solicitation, and stewardship throughout Emory University and Health Systems. Our mission is to inspire and steward meaningful, lasting relationships that elevate engagement and giving to fulfill Emory’s mission to serve humanity.
The University Marketing and Donor Participation team consists of marketing and fundraising strategists who inspire constituents to invest in Emory University. This director co-develops the annual solicitation plan and manages direct reports who produce omni-channel marketing campaigns to renew and acquire donors. The director’s team specializes in using direct mail, mass email, and phone/digital communications from student employees. Using a data-driven approach, the director determines audience segmentation based on alumni personas, donor life cycle, and stewardship societies, among other demographic factors. This position will report to the Executive Director of University Marketing and Donor Participation.
- Designs and implements effective solicitation programs for centralized constituent giving programs.
- Determines goals, strategies, and target audience for engagement.
- Oversees management of programs that may include direct mail, donor engagement, telefund, digital fundraising, or affinity programs.
- Acts as strategic partner to Emory’s schools and units to identify and implement fundraising projects for priority programs.
- Oversees/manages data collection, data management, analysis and high level reporting for projects.
- Determines how data should be collected, routed, analyzed, and reported in CRM system.
- Implements strategies based on data-driven decision making.
- Oversees content development for appeals and communications.
- Ensures messaging is consistent with goals and strategies.
- May manage a board and engage volunteers for broad solicitation program.
- Manages a team of constituent giving officers who implement specific giving programs.
- Performs other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS: In addition to the duties outlined above, the Director may be required to:
- Lead annual/strategic planning for the department.
- Maintain knowledge/expertise of best practices and current trends for constituent giving and donor relations.
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in fundraising.
- Successful candidates will possess extensive experience managing projects, programs, budgets, and financial reports, working with various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, database and project management software, and CRM systems.
- An aptitude in mastering new software, applications, and databases.
- Successful candidates will possess strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with attention to detail, the ability to work with ambiguity, and navigate a complex work environment.
- Experience leading teams, working independently as well as collaboratively to achieve goals, with a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion.
- Prior experience in alumni engagement, non-profit, or a university setting.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department. This role requires residency in the state of GA. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
To apply for this job please visit staff-emory.icims.com.