Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Email
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans FrontièresNew York, NY
Are you a creative, curious, and collaborative digital innovator with a talent for engaging audiences and inspiring them to action? Do you have an eye for spotting trends in data and the knowledge to act on them? Have a positive attitude and approach to collaboration? If so, we have a position for you.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is seeking a full-time Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Email to lead the continued growth and evolution of MSF-USA’s email, SMS program and donation forms across all audiences – from prospects, activists, and new donors to sustainers, midlevel, and major donors. Your priority will be to develop, implement and track effectiveness of the email program across all audiences to increase emailable list size, focus on automation, segmentation, and personalization powered by new technology.
You’ll drive optimization to accelerate program growth for Mass Market and Midlevel donors. In addition, you will be responsible for the development and optimization of donation forms and campaign landing pages in collaboration with our digital agency partners and MSF channel managers overseeing social media, search, paid advertising, and the website to improve performance and increase conversions.
The Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Email champions an approach centered around the donor experience. You will apply available tools and technologies to optimize our digital content and bring MSF’s work to life for our audiences with the right message to the right people at the right time.
You will play a pivotal role on an energetic, innovative, and growing Development team.
On any given day you might:
- Activate a rapid email fundraising response to a headline-making emergency
- Plan innovative retention and upgrade strategies in collaboration with your colleagues on the Audience Team and the Digital Marketing Agency
- Propose growth strategies for email and SMS fundraising across core business functions
- Ensure campaign content is in line with our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and that we are working to diversify our audiences through our targeting and messaging strategies
- Make tough decisions about email project priorities for donor acquisition, conversion, engagement, and reactivation
You will report to the Director of Integrated Channel Marketing and collaborate closely with the Channel Managers and Audience Team. Your responsibilities will include:
Email Campaign Strategy and Execution
- Lead email campaign and content strategy. Work in close collaboration with internal MSF Teams including Research & Analytics, Communications and Programs in concert with agency partners to design email and SMS campaigns and landing page content to meet digital revenue and brand awareness targets.
- Deliver effective Audience messaging. Collaborate with MSF Audience teams on audience segmentation and targeting practices, creative message customization, and audience-first thinking within the email program.
- Lead email revenue growth. Manage agency partners and stakeholders to create and execute growth strategies for maximizing revenue and donor engagement.
- Lead email rapid-response efforts when emergencies strike. Help initiate and coordinate cultivation and fundraising strategy in moments of crisis and disaster.
Testing, Insights and Innovation
- Testing. Collaborate with MSF Research & Analytics and agency partners to leverage comprehensive testing protocols and bring creative solutions to the broader team.
- Innovation. Work with agency partners to design and execute an innovative, best-in-class email and SMS program to deepen and digitize the donor experience.
- Provide insights and expertise. Monitor campaign performance with a focus on improving acquisition, retention, and engagement. Define, measure and report on ROI, KPIs and benchmarks.
Management and Leadership
- Manage, mentor, and develop direct reports. Guide the two Digital Marketing Coordinators to ensure smooth collaboration between internal and external stakeholders, efficient execution of the email and SMS programs, and foster professional growth.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on email for MSF-USA and for the movement.
- Build buy-in around email channel strategy across Audience teams, Communications, Programs, and Executive Leadership.
- Lead preparation of budget, revenue projections and managing spend.
You’re an expert email marketer with your ear to the ground of industry and technology trends. You excel at both big-picture strategic thinking and managing effective execution. You are results-oriented and have a data-driven decision-making approach.
You are a creative and collaborative colleague and problem solver with strong analytical skills. You’re comfortable performing in-depth analysis of channel conversion and ROI and making recommendations to drive continuous improvement.
- Minimum 3 years of directly relevant digital experience.
- Proven ability to develop successful strategies and drive revenue growth.
- Hands on experience in marketing and donation/ecommerce platforms. Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.
- A track record of successful teamwork and collaboration, developing and maintaining strong working relationships and building buy-in with diverse groups.
- Commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience with audience targeting, segmentation and email acquisition.
- Proven ability to manage staff and vendors and influence colleagues and leadership to get results. Strong leadership, coaching, and delegation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to present and persuade.
- Advanced understanding of digital design, copywriting, storytelling and brand.
Preferred but not required
- Non-profit fundraising experience.
Expected to work in a hybrid remote work environment with the ability to come into either the NYC office or regional hub (Washington, DC or Bay Area, California) a minimum of 2 times a week.
No phone calls or emails please. We do not accept phone calls during the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.doctorswithoutborders.org.
- Next s