Assistant Director of Prospect Development, Strategy & Analytics
College of CharlestonCharleston, SC
The Assistant Director of Prospect Development, Strategy and Analytics will manage efforts with donors and donor prospects in support of fundraising for university initiatives and campaign priorities. The Assistant Director is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and assigning new major, principal, planned and annual leadership gift prospects, and for supporting front-line fundraisers as well as the university president through the development and facilitation of a systemized approach to prospect management, tracking and reporting. This is accomplished through the utilization of research and analytics tools to ensure potential top prospects are identified and moved into the portfolios of gift officers. It is the responsibility of this person, with concurrence from the directors of Major and Annual Leadership gifts, to confirm donor assignments. Once in portfolios, the Assistant Director is charged with ensuring these prospects are systematically advanced through the moves-management process in a timely manner and with an agreed-upon gift strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least three (3) years of full-time experience in prospect research at an educational institution, non-profit institution or equivalent.
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analysis background. Comprehensive knowledge of all the latest products and systems that support sophisticated prospect research (LexisNexis, ResearchPoint, iWave,etc.)
- Proficiency using a relational Database – preferably Raiser’s Edge/RENXT or similar fundraising specific software system.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint skills. Experience working with Tableau or Power BI. Excellent verbal and written communications. Experience managing staff.
- Collaborates with development staff to interpret, evaluate and recommend qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship approaches; assists development staff in prioritizing prospect portfolios and encourages the timely review and assignment of newly identified prospects through recurring portfolio review meetings and collaborative prospect strategies
- Analyzes prospect data from Blackbaud, iWave, Evertrue, and other research platforms to identify those with the highest propensity to give. Proactively identifies new prospects; uses creativity and resourcefulness to develop strategies and programs that grow the size and value of the managed prospect pool for the University; which includes collection, maintenance, and analysis of information, and developing predictive models and/or other data collection techniques
- Manages integration between Raiser’s Edge and Gravyty. Encourages the use of Gravyty for Development and Stewardship colleagues and demonstrates value by pulling usage statistics and ROI.
- Researches new platforms and integrations and develops business cases for adoption.
- Reports and analyzes key performance indicators for officers.
- Runs monthly and quarterly fundraising reports.
- Prepares professional in-depth individual and corporate briefings and a range of biographical and qualifying reports as requested, presenting relevant results, using diverse resources and informational sources; updates prospect profiles in the database and files to keep records up-to-date and useful
- Maintains and updates prospect management ratings and information within Raiser’s Edge database to support the identification, segmentation, qualification, financial assessment, and assignment of new, pipeline, and active prospects
- Responds to research and prospect qualification inquiries to support the fundraising and engagement efforts of the President’s Office, Executive Vice President of Institutional Advancement, College of Charleston Foundation board members, all fundraisers and other members of the Division, as requested; updates existing reports/bios, and provides supplemental and on-going information to assigned fundraiser on existing prospects
- Applies best practice research methodology to gather, analyze and synthesize biographical, financial, qualifying, analytical, historical, and transactional data for individuals and alumni to support the Division in the accomplishment of defined fundraising objectives and strategies
- Provides expert advice and training to users of Raiser’s Edge regarding access to and use of biographical information, notes, screening and analytics results; makes recommendations for storing research-related information in Raiser’s Edge keeping end-user needs in mind
- Participates in research industry meetings and stays aware of new methods, practices, and resources toward the advancement of the Division’s fundraising operations; recommends acquisition of new research tools and resources
- Supports and participates in prospect management and fundraising meetings, providing reports and data reviews to enhance discussion on pipeline status, prospect segmentation, analytics, and new prospects, as assigned; updates prospect management and gift pipeline tracking systems
- Manages research files, records and resources; proactively identifies and investigates alternative and new resources
- Proactively participates in and provides leadership to teams across the Division, promoting a unique and vital expertise, accepting project and group assignments as needed
- Maintains confidentiality and work with sensitive information
- Supervises data and research for Advancement Services.
- Sets goals and evaluates performance for research and prospect management team. Manages workflow. Recommends hiring and firing of staff.
Occasional travel for professional development as well as occasional after hours work.
$49,594 – $70,000: Salary is commensurate with education/experience which exceeds the minimum requirements.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cofc.edu.
- Next s