Associate Director Regional Programs and Annual Giving
Babson CollegeBabson Park, MA
The Associate Director is responsible for working closely with numerous constituencies to enhance Babson’s relationship with its 43,000+ alumni through an integrated strategy that relies heavily on volunteer recruitment and management as well as cross-campus collaborations. Specifically responsible for leading the growth, development, and on-going communications to select global alumni clubs; serving as the primary liaison between the clubs and on-campus resources; working to foster the regions’ success by cultivating meaningful relationships between the College and alumni volunteers through personal contact, travel, all forms of communication, and promotion of innovative and engaging programs, events, and initiatives; guiding regional efforts to provide philanthropic support to the College, and managing cross-campus collaborations to ensure seamless delivery of programs and communications.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to and execute departmental strategy for sustaining, growing, and building global alumni clubs for The Office of Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, and on-going relationship with domestic and international regional club leaders; includes annual and biennial visits to assigned regions.
- Manage a minimum of two tier one domestic and two tier one international alumni clubs of strategic importance to the College and the volunteer management and programming associated with those regions.
- Manage other regional club programs and events with club leaders and Advancement Events. Provide two-way communications, event and program collaboration, and act as a resource to achieve alumni volunteerism and participation goals.
- Create, curate, and provide on-going communication to club leaders for all College needs.
- Ensure a robust and active social media presence and promotion as appropriate to the region in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager, Advancement Communications.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Vice President, International Giving and Directors of Development to identify prospective donors and develop plans for cultivation and solicitation of alumni and parents.
- Maintain a portfolio of volunteers for cultivation and solicitation in support of Advancement’s annual participation goals. Direct regional volunteers to engage fellow alumni as both donors and ambassadors in support of the Babson’s annual signature fundraising campaigns – Make Your Mark, Barefoot Challenge, Class Days of Giving, and calendar and fiscal year-end campaigns.
- Partner with Graduate Admission to execute alumni recruitment programs for prospective students and host opportunities as well as to execute the Graduate Email Ambassador Program.
- Advise about appropriate strategies to meet alumni needs/plans as well as ensure sensitivity to cultural differences among various countries.
- Serve as the department coordinator for Regional Volunteer Meetings in conjunction with the Director of Regional Programs to facilitate connections between our volunteers and share knowledge across clubs.
- Provide updates on regional activities to the Advancement division and other College departments as appropriate.
- Expand initiatives to a global audience as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Office of Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving and Stewardship to develop a robust plan to ensure regional volunteers are cultivated and stewarded.
- Serve as the liaison to the Glavin Office of Multicultural Programs and other on-campus departments whose work is linked to their respective regions. Serve as the department coordinator for elective abroad programs to plan alumni engagement opportunities in regions.
- Provide for volunteer training needs on and off campus.
- Coordinate and contribute to post-event communications and reporting.
- Attend and contribute to signature alumni engagement activities, including but not limited to Back to Babson and select events.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
What Education and Skills You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in volunteer management, event coordination, and/or alumni relations.
- Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong time management skills, customer service orientation, basic event logistics skills, and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work independently with interruptions as well as collaboratively across multiple constituencies.
- Must have strong cultural competence to adjust to styles and preferences of people from various backgrounds.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and other database or CRM systems.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive material confidentially.
How and Where You Will Work:
All Babson College faculty and staff authorized to work on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any appropriate boosters. Proof of vaccination upon hire is required or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster. Contact Human Resources for medical accommodation or religious exemption requests.
Evening and weekend work required
Requires the ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year; must maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Additional Skills You May Have:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Preference to candidates who are fluent in multiple languages.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.
- Next s