Individual Giving Manager
Air Force Museum Foundation, Inc.Dayton, OH
The Individual Giving Manager (IGM) is responsible for working with donors and prospective donors through identification, cultivation, solicitation, closure, and stewardship. The IGM is responsible for developing personal relationships with an assigned portfolio of donors that result in new gifts or increased support to the Foundation. Using personal visits, video conferencing, phone, and email the IGM engages prospects and stewards donors, provides information that deepens their understanding and connection to the Foundation and Museum, and solicits them for leadership annual gifts. Donor acquisition, retention, renewal, and upgrade are essential elements of raising critical annual giving funds. This position will be a part of building and establish a leadership annual giving program, with the ultimate goal of donor pipeline development and discovering major gift leads.
This position works under the direct supervision of the Annual Giving & Donor Relations Officer. This position is non-supervisory, full-time, salaried, exempt.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualify, build, and manage a portfolio of 500 annual gift prospects, capable of making gifts between $250-$1,000. Through personal and virtual engagement, identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward prospects for leadership and potential major level gifts.
- Meet activity and revenue goals through personal outreach.
- Demonstrate to donors the impact of their giving. Provide information about programs relative to their interests. Share upcoming opportunities to deepen their engagement with the Foundation and Museum.
- Submit contact reports, moves, and prospect management activities. Ensure compliance with prospect management guidelines for data entry and metric tracking.
- Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual prospects.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the prospect development process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships, making connections and managing long-term relationships
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate empathy, gratitude, and philanthropic impact
- Donor-focused; service-oriented
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and professionalism to work effectively with Museum/Foundation’s diverse constituents
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise considerable independence in the performance of day-to-day duties
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required. Adherence to strict confidentiality of donor-related information, as well as all gift information files, documents, and reports
- Computer skills must include high competence in Microsoft Office software; experience with CRM, such as Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to attend occasional events outside of business hours
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or, in lieu of a degree, 6 years of progressively successful work experience in a related field
- Salary Range: $43,000 – $48,000 annual salary
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short-term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, Paid federal holidays, 401K Plan with employer match of 100% up to 5% of employee salary.
Other Significant Facts:
- The Air Force Museum Foundation performs background checks on 100% of its employees prior to hiring. Candidate must be willing to submit to a background check, as a condition of employment.
- The Air Force Museum Foundation requires that all employees provide COVID-19 vaccine verification/or have an AFMF approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.
- The Air Force Museum Foundation is open seven days a week. Incumbent must be able to work to meet those needs. Incumbent’s acceptance of employment carries with it a commitment to work as directed and/or scheduled by the Air Force Museum Foundation. Excessive requests for deviation to such work schedules and reporting for work after scheduled times may not meet the requirement for continued employment. Evening and weekend hours may be required to support fundraising/donor activities.
- The Air Force Museum Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- This is a non-DoD position with a private organization and does not require military service (including commission and enlistment).
To apply for this position, please email Ms. Sarah Shatzkin at [email protected] with your resume, cover letter, and references.
To apply for this job please visit www.afmuseum.com.